How to keep maps/mods you auto download from a KF Server

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

How to keep maps/mods you auto download from a KF Server

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:46 am

Don't know if you have ever noticed or not. But, have you ever went back to a server that you played on a while back, to find that you are re-downloading the map or mod that was on the server. Well, that is because inside the killingfloor.ini file in the games system directory, it is set to purge the cache after 30 days. So, after 30 days, I'm guessing of none use, the files will be purged. Now, if your like myself, your not a fan of waiting to play, especially after you know you have already downloaded the files needed to join the server to play, the last time you played on the server.... So, how do you fix it? It's actually really simple. go to your killingfloor.ini file. It should be located in the following.

First, find your Steam folder. Then go to
steamapps/common/killingfloor/system
now that your in the system directory, find killingfloor.ini, after you have found it, open the file.
Now, do a search for purgecachedays (all one word)
you will notice it's set to 30, which is 30 days.
So now, just change it to whatever. 90, 180, 365, 999, 9999 it's up to you. Just remember that if you play a lot, the files of coarse will begin to stack up and take up space. I have a 2TB drive i have my games stored on, so space isn't much of an issue, so i set mine to 999 :mrgreen:

Now, after you have set the new number for days, go to file and save. and your done. Simple as that :nod:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to Killing Floor