fast

Postby MGS4Snake » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:33 pm

what is the fastes stock car i thought it was the mc F1
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby snipe001 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 pm

yeah i think it is the mcllaren f1. that is a sweet car!

DAMN your avatar is huge!

bow chicka bow wow
I told you I would post this guy every time :smoke:
snipe001
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby MGS4Snake » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:00 pm

snipe dont be a uber dush
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby snipe001 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:58 pm

actually its a dusche and im just kidding

DAMN your sig is even bigger!
I told you I would post this guy every time :smoke:
snipe001

Postby IceDragon » Fri May 19, 2006 2:15 am

LOL
Funny you should mention this particular car. I just went and checked on an F-1. A friend of mine (that's much more financially set then myself) does exotic car brokering. Apparently the McLaren family had called him directly wanting to sale their son's personal F-1 Road Car (last one off the line that's street legal), still in perfect condition. From what my friend said the Corvette and the F-1 are about the only cars I fit in (I'm 6'8"), and the F-1's have went up in price from their original price of $900,000.00 if their condition is good to excellent. The one I went to check on was priced at 2.7 million after all the red tape and DOT conversions where done. Needless to say the poster will have to do me for now. :) The guys show room was enough to make the trip worth while though with a 944 up on one lift, a new Carrera GT on the floor and a Ford GT40 back in the corner with all it's factory seals still unbroken, and this was in the middle of about 12 or so classic Porsche roadsters all in perfect restored condition. It was jaw dropping to say the least.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of hearing the new prices for the F-1s... I know I did. There's one on the Dupont Registry right now too for sale. Last I heard the guy was wanting around 1.7 mill for it... it hasn't sold so it may be slightly more affordable now at around the 1.5 mark. :D

The car currently still holds the world record for speed... I think (don't quote me on this) that it's around 247Mph... give or take. From what I understand the driver just didn't want to push the car any further. Every time someone sets a new record they take the car back out to salt lake and push the peddle down slightly more then the time before. I don't think they've maxed it out yet, it's just a matter of finding a driver crazy enough to do low level flight in a car. :lol:

Later,
IceDragon
Only complain about things you've tried and given your all, for only then do you have a right to an opinion and the wisdom to defend it.
IceDragon
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 am

8O I think the smilely says it all.... 8O :nod:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Postby Guardian » Sat May 20, 2006 11:31 pm

So are you still enjoying the Vette. :mrgreen: :nod:
Guardian

Postby IceDragon » Sun May 21, 2006 7:56 pm

Loving it. It's been a year of payments so far (that part I hate) but the car is still just like new right down to the smell. 8)

I've got Hendricks checking into a "lift" kit for it (which apparently is a strange thing around here since lowering it seems to be the "in" thing). The car is only 3" off the ground as it is and we have speed bumps (more like hills) all over the place where I work, so short of putting a sled under the car I don't see how I could drive it any lower. I'm only wanting to raise it about 2 maybe 3 more inches from the factory so that I can get over that stuff without damaging my air-foil on the front as well as getting in my drive way at home without dragging... apparently it takes and act of god around here to get the town to fix anything for an individual... and heaven forbid you actually spend your time and money to fix your own driveway without the town's approval first. :evil:

I'm also looking into getting a spoiler for it that matches the look of the car... something along the lines of the Ferrari or Lamborghini style. I want something that doesn't make the car look like a cheese model kit but rather more like the corvette racing team's designs. Apparently this is also an oddity. The back-end of the vette (though very traditional) needs some work, especially in the area of aerodynamics. There's a vacuum that forms right at the break lights that just sucks up and holds dirt. The entire car can be spotless and you get to the back and you'll find dirt from just driving it for five minutes. The spoiler should fix that and add a bit of a unique flare to the look. So far even West Coast and East Coast are coming up with nothing on that particular add-on. :(

If you guys know any places that carry the higher-end add ons like that for a C6 please let me know.

Take it easy,
Matt
Only complain about things you've tried and given your all, for only then do you have a right to an opinion and the wisdom to defend it.
IceDragon
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Return to General Car Chat Forum