Elite Perks and Servers DECEMBER 15, 2013

Server UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS that I list in the Steam Group Page. Since Steam does not allow those announcements to be searched, I have added them here, to allow people to search them, so they can easily find a certain Update or Announcement :p

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Elite Perks and Servers DECEMBER 15, 2013

Postby Guardian » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:34 am

Well, after many hours of trying everything I could come up with, there is no way of tricking the remote database program into what I would like for it to do. Since the remote database can only support 38 total perks to save at once, I was going to have Elite servers, with just the Elite perks. However, the snag there, the orginal perk data not pull since I was not loading the orginal perks... So, I tried to add code into the Elite perks, to pull the orginal perk data, which worked, but that was short lived... as soon as the wave ended, the server would lock up, because only one custom progress can be saved by the perk. I was trying to have the elite perk load and save the orginal and the elite... but, that was a no go...

So... what to do... Only thing I can do is setup a different server that does not use remote database. Meaning, the stats are only good on that one server, for example, the Pro Easy server, and the Doom Server and all the local servers.

So, the Elite server will be as so. All perks will be 0 for everyone. It will be just like starting a brand new Server. The Elite servers will have a player cap of 30 compared to 18. There will be a Pro Elite, and a Non Pro(Old Main) with stock zeds Elite server.

On the Pro Elite, Pro Server rules are applied, just as they are on the Easy Pro or any Pro Servers. And just and FYI for Vet Pro Server players. If I catch any Vet players breaking Pro Server rules, expect the reset of perks to be worse than a new player... If you don't want to follow the rules, the Old Main servers are there to play on.

Pros and Cons for Remote Servers and Elite Servers

Remote Servers
Pros:
1. Lower max player limit(could be a con for some players)
2. Multiple servers to play on, with possible more different types of server setups in the future.
3. With no Elite Perks, still plenty of room for more perks

Cons:
1. No Elite Perks

Elite Servers:
Pros:
1. Elite Perk are possible along with more new perks
2. Higher Player Limit(could be a con for some player)

Cons:
1. Stats are stuck on one server, with no future of explanding, unless something changes in the future with remote database.

Perk Transfers:
Before I get swarmed with messages about transfering perks from the remote datebase to the regular serverperksstats database, I'm unable to do this. I could do it manually, but there is no way i'm going to set and select copy select copy each one stat per 1,000's of players to the new database. Plus, this will give everyone an equal chance a leveling on the Elite Servers.

I was thinking about $25 for one time Stat transfer for those who would really want it, but then that would not be fair to those unable to pay that... So, Perk Transfers are a no go to the Elite Servers.

UPDATE:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
For those that that leveled the Elite Perks on Pro Normal, and on Non Pro(Old Main) servers, I will transfer only the Elite part, if you play on the Elite Servers. However, I cannot transfer the data, until you get the Regular Perk back to lvl 10. So, once you get the Regular Perk back to LVL 10, let me know, and I will transfer your damage you gained on your Elite perk, over to the Elite Servers. :) Been thinking about it all day, as I figured how to setup the Elite servers and such. But, I feel this would be the best way, since only a handful played the Elite perks. But, the ones that did, did spend several hours playing.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As always, donations are welcome, and will help the future of the servers. Donations can be given at killingfloor.guardiansworlds.com There is info up at the top of the fourms on how to give.

Servers are listed on the main Steam Group Page. Elite servers are no longer password protected.

Made a discussion area for this here.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Guardi ... 120290189/

Thanks,
Guardian
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to SERVER UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS