UPDATE: 7/27/2013 All Servers :p

Server UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS that I list in the Steam Group Page. Since Steam does not allow those announcements to be searched, I have added them here, to allow people to search them, so they can easily find a certain Update or Announcement :p

Moderator: Guardians Knights

UPDATE: 7/27/2013 All Servers :p

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Zeds:
Creeper Mother and Creeper returns <3

1. Creeper Mother spawns creepers endless, however at a lower rate than the plague spreader spreads plague.
2. Fixed issues with creepers running away for so long. Now, they have a less chance of running away, but if they do, they will only run away for 15 seconds not 60 seconds as before.
3. Creepers look for players by themselves... Hint hint... you may want to stick with your team :p
4. Creeper Mother, changed to a different skin, you will see, hit boxes fixed :p
5.Creeper Mother has less health than the Plague Spreader, is slower, but hits extremly hard. Kill her or stay away....

Perks:
Guardian:
1. Removed the Angelic sword. Will explain more below.
2. Guardian Zed Lure added to replace Angelic sword. Guardian will now yell(enjoy the sound I used for the yell :p ) and zeds will run to the spot he yelled from... Guardian gets this a LVL 9 and is able to use it 10 times per wave.

Reason i removed the Angelic sword, is it was taking up more memory than I thought. The sward which was around 2.5mb, is taking up more like 10mb or more. For the size of the sword and high detail textures, there is no way the files are that small. The maker of the sword is compressing the files. That has no help for saving memory in the killing floor game. The game still has to uncompress the files before it uses them, so compressing the files does nothing to help save on game memory. The only use for compressing files, is for Steam Work Shop, since the work shop does not use Zip or another compression form. Meaning, compressing this sword and other mods, helps the modders make the download of mods from Steam work shop shorter. Usually on average a melee weapon will take about 2mb(low quality) to 8mb of memory. However, with the size of the sword and detail, it is taking up I would say around 10mb or more easily.

By removing the sword, it has allowed me to add the Creeper back, and also give me some play room with modding future perks :)

TWI is killing me, not with the weapons it adds, i can use them on the perks. But the player skins... I'm trying to figure, if there is anyway that i can only have the game load a certain amount of the player skins... Most player skins take up 8mb to 10mb or more of memory. So, they released 3 this time around.. so.. 24mb is now feeled from those >> Hopefully I and or other modders will find away to only have the game load only certain stock skins, to save on memory that can then be used for zeds or weapons :)

Thanks,
Guardian :D
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to SERVER UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS