UPDATE: Bad news and Awesome news.... JULY 20, 2013

Server UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS that I list in the Steam Group Page. Since Steam does not allow those announcements to be searched, I have added them here, to allow people to search them, so they can easily find a certain Update or Announcement :p

Moderator: Guardians Knights

UPDATE: Bad news and Awesome news.... JULY 20, 2013

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 am

Ok... Bad news first... the Ddos protection i was working on and had hoped to get working is not going to work :/ It is remote protection and would do great, but with KF, the real server IP shows in game and also in the server list window... and i could not find anyway of fixing this with a remote Ddos protection... and... The company won't give me my $300 back... even though i didn't use any service at all... So.. they won't be seeing my business in the future ever....

The great news.... Benj. at Edge(where i rent the current servers from), has helped me get my own dedicated machine from Black Lotus, and it comes with Ddos protection. Black Lotus is known to be one of the best if not the best for its Ddos protection. Also, Lotus said that they would take care of any attackers, large or small, that they do not put up with it. Their Ddos protection will stop them from hurting the servers, and they take care of the hacker or attacker after they see the Ddos system has captured the attack.

The new system will be $280 a month, so it will be cheaper than $350... although it will take some time to smooth out from me losing $300 to a place that won't return my money for not even using the service >> But, $280 is an awesome deal from the machine I get and especially for the protection. The Black Lotus system should be setup by sometime tomorrow, and I will start coping the servers over to it as soon as it is online. :)

So, it looks like this might be another no go weekend... but very soon, all will be smoothed out. :)

Sorry for having your hopes up :/ I was really looking forward and wanted this to work to have a great weekend of Zed killing also... :( But, soon the servers will be on my own dedicated machine(awesome specs) behind an awesome Ddos protection system, with a 1GB data port for my system :p

Thank you,
Guardian :)
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to SERVER UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS