Servers are being attacked again... JULY 17, 2013

Server UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS that I list in the Steam Group Page. Since Steam does not allow those announcements to be searched, I have added them here, to allow people to search them, so they can easily find a certain Update or Announcement :p

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Servers are being attacked again... JULY 17, 2013

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 am

Well.. servers started being ddos again a few hours after they where up... Edge said they would take care of the issue if the attacks did not stop or if they started again. So, I sent them messages letting them know it started again. If they cannot stop them, which i'm thinking they will probably turn the IP over to the authorities or if the user is using a ddos bots attack, they will or already have traced the packs back to the location that the attacks are coming from, and will turn what IPs over that are needed. I don't see this being a hacker, because hackers do not attack game servers. They see it as a waste of time and a very childish act. ;) Or.. maybe Edge will give me the IP or allow me to have access to the imcoming data log... and allow me to trace the packs... <3

but... if nothing is fixed by today or especially tomorrow... I will be moving the servers to a data center that has ddos protection, and a 1gb attack would be nothing. It will 4 times my server cost a month... but... if it's needed will take that road and see where things go. :)

Thank you,
Guardian
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to SERVER UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS