Mage Feedback

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Mage Feedback

Postby RanCiD » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 am

I'm new to the forum so I hope this isn't in the wrong place, but I wanted to offer my perspective on the mage perk.

I'm really enjoying the Mage perk so far, but I find that on the HOE server (which I prefer to play on) you can't really play a mage and expect to live more than 20-30 seconds. Having lowered run speed and being super squishy doesn't make for a very enjoyable experience on HOE. Telegrippers and shivers can pretty much insta-kill you before you know what happened.

Currently the only way that I'm able to enjoy the Mage perk is to switch to a different perk and use the Mage weapons. Could the increased melee damage received be reduced or removed and keep the lowered run speed? Or increase run speed and keep the increased melee damage taken. The combination of the two is too punishing in my opinion.
Random avatar
RanCiD
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Re: Mage Feedback

Postby dgo06 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 am

Hey there RainCiD,

Yea I totally understand what you are saying. Don't know if you know about the "nerf" they gave this perk, but Ill explain it briefly. About a few months ago this perk was able to shoot every single weapon (if I'm not mistaken) almost as if it was a machine gun. This would cause serious problems while playing in the servers because they would crash extremely often. Especially when Storm and Shield were overused. I'm not sure if this is the reason or not but they received a cool down, making them less overpowered. Now the problem then was, as you mention, surviving. I did mention in the suggestions/glitches thread exactly what you are saying (speed, dmg weakness, etc) but I also noticed that the chargless were VERY inaccurate. With the cool down, as mage you need to make every shot count, thus the accuracy of our shots were fixed.

At higher levels you do have a higher chance of living...although thats at higher levels, which in my opinion is a huge problem. The cool down was added, great! Fixed the crashing problem, but the amount required to level up has remained the same. I think it should lowered significatnly. I'm not sure if the amount designated was taking into account the fact that mages had rapid fire, but if it was...it should be revised, because it's extremely painful to level up. I'm not kidding you it took me about a month to level up mage from 4 to 5, and I wouldnt play every now and then, I would actually dedicate some hours almost every day. I wouldn't cross perk UNLESS I was the only one in the server.

To be honest I highly doubt the dmg and speed weakness will be changed. But I do hope they look at the amount required to level up and reduce it. Some ppl do take quite a while to level from 0 to 1. Compared to other perks...I feel like its one of the hardest to level because of those two weaknesses.
Random avatar
dgo06
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Return to Killing Floor