Forum members

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Forum members

Postby malibu1320 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 pm

I've noticed there's a distinct lack of activity on the forums. I've just recently started playing on guardians servers and I love
Them. Friends of mine got me into KF.
To Guardian:
Have you considered giving people some incentive towards joining the forums to boost activity? Say.. Instant level 3-4 perk of their choice for a limited time? Or how to get more donations: offer perk levels based on donations
Donate 5$: lvl 1 perk
Donate 10$: lvl 2 perk
Donate 15$: lvl 3 perk
Donate 20$: lvl 4 perk
Donate 30$: lvl 5 perk
Donate 40$: lvl 6 perk
Donate 50$: lvl 7 perk
Donate 60$: lvl 8 perk
Donate 70$: lvl 9 perk
Donate 100$: lvl 10 perk
Limit it to only 1 perk. You can only donate to level 1 perk.

Or.. I dunno how hard this would be for you to do, but offer VIP for say.. 10-20$ a month that gives you double perk exp for the month...
Just some thoughts..
Random avatar
malibu1320
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Re: Forum members

Postby Guardian » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 am

I'm not a supporter of pay to play or DLC. I do buy DLC content when it goes on sale cheap, for KF and other games to support games I do like. I know what you listed wouldn't be DLC nor 100% pay to play, but it's still giving an advantage to those able to pay money. Also, no money is suppose to be made that way from any server using any form of server perks code or even the KF game really. I know there are servers that does, but that is up to them :\ I just take donations when people can, wish and will give them. I do take donations for perk moves, as listed in another thread. Thanks for the suggestion though :nod:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Postby malibu1320 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 am

At the same time, servers aren't free, nor is your time. I'm planning on donating when I get paid again, but giving people at least a little bit of incentive will help
Random avatar
malibu1320
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:38 am

malibu1320 wrote:At the same time, servers aren't free, nor is your time. I'm planning on donating when I get paid again, but giving people at least a little bit of incentive will help

Yeah, it's a thin legal line, that is for sure. And plus, Marco, the maker of Server Perks, clearly states, that no money is to be made from it. I am running my own modded version of it, but still, the core came from his work. Even then, there is source code that is open for everyone to use, but TWI and modders, that has been used. Even if I have modified or re-scripted/coded a ton of stuff, still it's not legal to make any money from a mod running on TWI game. I totally agree with what your saying, believe me. I have spent so much time working on this mod(will be 2 years this Sept.) and also spend $280 a month on the system I rent to run the servers on at a data center. So, I'm in the hole big time, and I would probably never come out in the positive side. But, still it is not legal to do so, and I also respect TWI, Marco or any other modder that has left source code open to allow modders to learn from. If not for that, I would not have progressed and learned as much as I have now. :) I'm still learning, and it helps having open source to learn new things.

I have thought of different things on how to help on the donations. Doing it legally and out of full respect, makes it really hard to do much. But, I'm still thinking of different ways, but just don't have a lot of time to put into thinking about stuff, with so much going on and usually I have limited free time.

Thanks,
Guardian :ninja:
Guardian

Postby malibu1320 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:52 am

Find a way to start bringing people to the forums. Script it into the servers to auto give the server link every 5-10 minutes. Have your mods advertise the forums. I know most people file their grievances with mods in game. Have mods accept those, but also request that they do a formal report here on the forums
Random avatar
malibu1320
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby Saito » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Guardian, is it against the guideline of illegal usage of the mod in any form to put advertisement of the forum to the servers? If you're willing to put up banner ads on the site, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them and helping raise a few cents in revenue to help with the costs of server and storage.
Random avatar
Saito
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Return to Killing Floor