Need a player ban

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Need a player ban

Postby Merlin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Saito_Futari

nvm, Over it. I just want to shoot zombies man. Apologies from me and the others.

-Merlin
Last edited by Merlin on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
Merlin
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Re: Need a player ban

Postby Saito » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Let's clear up what occurred.

Date of incident: April 11, 2014

Server: Non-pro HOE Normal Zeds, IP KillingFloor://72.8.129.14:8710
Map: Zedcraft

As far as I know, it is not against the rules to sit in the map by myself at the two spots of inside Trader doorway on far upper left of the map or the tree corner. Non-pro servers do no disallow usage of map glitches while playing. I was playing as Sword Master, Rank 5. After they all died, they decided to initiate map vote change, with about 80ish Zeds remaining for me to kill. After one of them map voted for KF - [MANTIS]- Big Show, I requested that they allow me to finish the wave before map change so that I would retain xp. They ignored me and chose to map vote anyways. I switched to Doom/Quake Marine Rank 10 because that map is difficult for melee to reach Zeds with as a melee class. After Wave 1 complete, they decided to constantly mapchange because they did not want me to play with them.

As far as I'm concerned I did not violate any rules besides playing them game and having fun. Merlin and co on the other hand abused map vote in an attempt to cause me to leave the game. If I have broken some rule, please notify me of which so that I do not do so again.

I've been playing these servers daily without incident until today since 2014 began, and I'd like to think of myself as a learned veteran :P

Cheers,
-Saito

EDIT: I was on the server first, for about 2 waves before they joined.
Random avatar
Saito
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Merlin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Sorry again, :c
Last edited by Merlin on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Random avatar
Merlin
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby Mangu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:38 pm

And this is the main reason why everyone should listen if you're told something like "avoid spamming cluster bombs in players faces so they don't crash" and "don't switch maps until wave is over, or we lose XP". This frustrated Saito most likely, and Merlin & Co. just wanted to keep on killing and were forcing a vote because: impatience. I play with Saito and he's actually very friendly and a nice player to be with, by the looks of this post it looks like he's jealous he can't glitch like Saito because he dies (or he distracts zeds his way, wich is kinda douchy but not prohibited) and you can't just wait 3-5 mins dead. And bans aren't something that is given for giggles, anyone could have a bad episode and act like a douchebag, but in this case it feels Merlin and friends provoked the dark side of Saito (a hilarious one too).

Please respect your veteran comrades, THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF.

Next time Saito, just try to calm kids like these and don't fall down to their level. Mighty KF God knows why I can't be admin, I wouldn't have patience with people that have numb ears to read something they're told to and just respect it.

-Mangu
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Merlin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Mangu, we asked as soon as we joined if we could get some help, but saito specifically said "I'm just farming, I will stay right here and keep killing, you guys can do whatever" essentially. If instead he would have actually helped us, or shown us how to do what he was doing, I would be more than happy to have followed along, but he basically kept going with no care. Which is against rules 2 and 4.

I am not impatient, I just don't like dying over and over again.

I apologize again, I will try to listen and be more calm next time, I just ask that the veterans do the same

Edit:
Sorry, forget about the ban. I will just have to learn how to play better and told my friends to just drop the issue. We just want to keep playing and have fun too.
I truly apologize, Saito.

-Merlin
Random avatar
Merlin
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby Saito » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 pm

It's perfectly fine.

Farming doesn't necessarily take more kills than what would be fair, sometimes it's just a less labor intensive way of leveling up since I can sit in one place and just attack enemies from a little hidey hole. HOE is hard, and playing completely legit is something I /would/ do if I wasn't still leveling up my SM to a gold. To be completely honest, I would've died with you guys XD I lost my temper when you kept mapvoting before wave end (I keep a tight progress schedule for my ranks so I don't waste time playing KF so much: as a victim of rollbacks and lost xp on multiple occasions, it really drives me nuts lul) and I apologize for being reacting as I did.

I usually play safety Marine and sit there helping lower level players slog through HOE waves since it allows them to get xp without being afraid of dying and losing wave progress. I am perfectly willing to help teach/guard low level players on HOE in order to let them progress to high Zed count waves as long as I get my piece of the pie later on too, so just ask me to stop farming and I'll help out.

Remember: we're all here for our own shot at the xp. Certain people will killsteal and frustrate you, but once you're gold/know the spots, you'll join that group of certain people.

Anyways, enough of this silly business. I need to finish my level 6 SM and sleep.

Best of luck,
-Saito
Random avatar
Saito
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Return to Killing Floor