Some players having problems staying connected to the server

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Some players having problems staying connected to the server

Postby Guardian » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:08 pm

For players having problems staying connected to the server. Try opening Ports 27010 and 27011 in your router. It seems some routers have problems with these ports, especially with servers pushing out a lot of data. That would explain why only some people are getting the disconnect. I was going to suggest, deleting all your cache, and download everything from the server again. Sometime with a lot of updates, cache will sometimes be screwed up, per say...

But, i would suggest forwarding or opening those ports to at least the IP your computer uses on your home network, it will change from time to time (unless you have setup local static IPs), so if you forwarded the ports to a certain IP instead of opening them, you would need to keep check to make sure you local ip is where the ports are being forwarded to.

Also, for those using a wireless connection, you would be more prone to the disconnection, i you have a router with poor internals. If your able to and the router is close to you, try a direct connection and see if you get the disconnect, more than likely you won't. :) I'll also be setting up a discussion area for this, here and on the forums. :)

Oh, another thing. If its been a while since you have fully restarted your router, give it a power cycle. I would suggest fully unplugging it from the power source for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then starting it back up. Some poorly made routers get clogged up over time, and when it comes to demanding flow of data, they fall sort. So, you can also try that, that may work if you want to give a nice power cycle a try before forwarding the ports or direct connecting to the router. :)
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to Killing Floor