Info on Moving Perks from Server to Server(my kf servers)

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Info on Moving Perks from Server to Server(my kf servers)

Postby Guardian » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Hello everyone :mrgreen: For a long while now, I have had people wanting and requesting to more their perks from server to server. The reason I have not allowed this, is because it requires myself to move them manually. I have now decided to allow perks to be moved on the Pro Servers. Below you will find out the steps you need to take to have them moved, and info on how the perks are moved and such. A donation is required for any movement, and below I will list the minimum donation for each type of perk or stats move. I may allow perk and stat movement on the non Pro Servers, but for now, perk and stat movement will only be on the Pro Servers.

UPDATE:
Players can now move stats from pro servers to non pro servers. :nod:

For $25, Players can move all their Pro Server stats to a non pro server. Example, If a player wants to move all their stats from the Pro Normal Server, to the Old Main Server, it would be $25.
IMPORTANT: This is a one time move. Meaning the stat will not continue to be transferred over time. If you wish to have it moved again, it will be another $25 donation.

Or $5 per stat, so it would be better to do $25 and have all moved, unless you just want one or two stats moved. :nod:

First step: Donation Charge and how Stats and Perks are moved

1. $5 donation charge does the following

For $5, stats will be moved from a more difficult server to a lower server. All stats will be moved to the easier server.
For example: If you have been playing the Normal Pro Server, and you wish to move your current Normal Pro Server stats to the Easy Pro Server, donate $5 and the stats from the Normal Pro will be moved to the Easy Pro. By doing this, this will cover up any EasyPro stats and replace all stats on that server with your Normal Pro Stats.
IMPORTANT: This is a one time move. Meaning the stats will not continue to be transferred over time. If you wish to have them moved again, it will be another $5 donation.

For $5, one stat will be moved from a easier server to a harder server. A donation charged is placed on each stat that is moved up. One stat will be moved from the easier server to the harder server, however this is a move and not a combine.
Example: If you have Brute Gunner Perk on Easy Pro and wish to move that one perk to Normal Pro, the Brute Stats will be moved up, just for that one perk. Note that this will cover up the current Brute Perk on the Normal Pro server, and replace it with the Easy Pro Brute Gunner stat. This does not combine the stats.
Another Example: For Sentry Tech, a perk that has two stats attached: This will be a $10 donation charge, sense you are moving two stats up to a higher difficult server.
IMPORTANT: This is a one time move. Meaning the stat will not continue to be transferred over time. If you wish to have it moved again, it will be another $5 donation.

For $25, Players can move all their Pro Server stats to a non pro server. Example, If a player wants to move all their stats from the Pro Normal Server, to the Old Main Server, it would be $25.
IMPORTANT: This is a one time move. Meaning the stat will not continue to be transferred over time. If you wish to have it moved again, it will be another $25 donation.

For $10, this is what it would cost to move one stat up from easy server to hard. The stat would be copied to both normal and hard server :nod:
Example, if you wanted to move your Brute Gunner from Easy Pro to Hard Pro, it would be $5 per server it goes up. $5 for Pro Normal and $5 for Pro Hard. And again, the stat would be copied to each server. :nod:

Questions and Answers

Is this not the same as pay to play?

No, this is not pay to play, nor anything close to it. You are playing to earn the perks already. The donations are for my time that I will be spending moving the perks in the separate databases. Pay to play would be you giving me money to up your perks and stats, which I am fully against and will not happen... :angry:

Once I pay a donation, will my perks keep being transferred?

No, this is a one time move. If you wish to move the stat or stats again, another donation charge will be placed.

How often are stats moved?

Stats will be moved once to up to around three times a week, depending on the amount of people requesting. Stat moving days will probably be, Thursday through Sunday. Severs will not be taken down for the copy of data for the move. The servers will be taken down when the data is copied back to the servers.

How will I know when data is being copied from the servers for the stats move?

I will place a UPDATE: message on the Steam Group page, which will be a short message saying something like, Stats data copied for move. That will let you know, that anything you do from that point on, will not be moved to the server you requested the stat or stats be moved to. If you are not part of the Steam Group, please message me on here or better yet Steam (Guardiannknight). You don't have to add me as a friend, just send me a message so i can send you an invite to the group. Or if your in game, ask any admin or person that is in the group, to send you an invite. :mrgreen:

NEW: What if I do not have a pay pal account :(
Easy, go to a store that offers paypal cash cards. All you do is put the amount of cash you would like to donate onto the card. Give me the number on the card, and I will upload the money to my paypal account. After that, send an email requesting the perk or perks moves as listed below :) The PayPal cash card, acts like a gift card.

Info on Private Server Payment
To join the Private Pro Server, you must donate $15 each month to play on the server. When paying, follow the same steps for requesting a stat move, however in the email, instead of requesting stat moves, just put "Payment for Private Pro Server" :nod:

How to request a stat or stats move:

1st
make sure you know how much it is going to take to move what you need moved.
$5-->Will move all stats from a harder server to a easier server. Full copy, no combining of stats
$5-->Will move one stat from a easier server to a harder server. Full copy, no combining of stat or stats

2nd
Make donation
Go to donation link on the forums, which you can find at the top of any forum page. It is on the upper right, beside, FAQ, Members, and logout.
Or here is a link to the donate section of the forums http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules/forums/donate.php

3rd
Send donation

4th
Send an email to [email protected]
Please do the following on the email

In the subject line: Put you name that is on your pay pal account. Also list you Current Steam Screen Name This will make it very easy for me to connect your donation with your steam user name as I'll explain in the next sentence.
In the body of the email(where you type the message) First list your Steam Screen name(please do not change your Screen name until your stats have been moved) 2nd, list how you want your stats moved. Like, Please move my Pro Normal stats to Easy Pro server. Or please move my Brute Gunner Perk from Normal Pro to Hard Pro.

Then list how much you sent via paypal.

Here is a full example

To: [email protected]

Subject: Your Name and Current Steam Screen name...(again, do not change until perks are moved)

Body: Current Steam Screen Name

Please move my Normal Pro Stats to Easy Pro server. Also, please move my Brute Gunner and SMGS perk from Normal Pro to Hard Pro Server.

I have sent $15 via pay pal for the move.

NOTICE:
If paying with a paypal cash card. Of coarse you will not have to put you real name that is on your paypal account. Just put your steam name, and please do not change your steam name until the stats are moved. Same goes for any perk movements. I need your steam name to be correct, so I can find it in the stats. After I find it once, I can use your steam number to locate you in the other stats.

That should do it, and your stats will be moved in time. Make sure your read Questions and Answers above...
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Re: Info on Moving Perks from Server to Server(my kf servers

Postby Butler » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 am

Guardian wrote:I may allow perk and stat movement on the non Pro Servers, but for now, perk and stat movement will only be on the Pro Servers.

So have you allowed to move in between non-Pro servers yet? Such as Normal non-Pro to Hard non-Pro. Or going from a harder server to an easier server.
Butler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Location: If it's Monday today; in your heart. Any other day, in your vent system.

Re: Info on Moving Perks from Server to Server(my kf servers

Postby Saito » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Non-pro servers automatically have shared perk levels.
Random avatar
Saito
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Return to Killing Floor