Perk and server suggestion area :)

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Re: Perk and server suggestion area :)

Postby Tacodaninja » Wed May 29, 2013 12:20 am

http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php? ... entry56849
scroll to the top theres a alright pistol for pistol pro :P
Tacodaninja
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby Tacodaninja » Wed May 29, 2013 11:01 am

http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php? ... -pb-betta/
heres the download file i couldnt edit my last post >.>
Tacodaninja

Postby Guardian » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 am

Tacodaninja wrote:http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/2039-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D1%8B/#entry56849

Thanks :D I will check it out :p I downloaded it and started editing the source :mrgreen: Pistol Pro is probably about 60 to 70% complete :nod: I have all the weapon files pretty much done, except for this new one. I worked on it for a little while :p Perk should be good to go by Saturday evening, unless I run into some snags :-k
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Postby Tacodaninja » Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am

Guardian wrote:
Tacodaninja wrote:http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/2039-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D1%8B/#entry56849

Thanks :D I will check it out :p I downloaded it and started editing the source :mrgreen: Pistol Pro is probably about 60 to 70% complete :nod: I have all the weapon files pretty much done, except for this new one. I worked on it for a little while :p Perk should be good to go by Saturday evening, unless I run into some snags :-k

i am glad to hear every thing is going good and i cant wait to see this gun :D it never worked when i put it in my game XD
Tacodaninja

Postby Tacodaninja » Fri May 31, 2013 9:37 am

Tacodaninja

Postby RedDynasty[PT] » Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey guys, i know your are all busy with the other perks so i decided to get some work done for the perk i suggested.
I allready got the perk icons and im trying to get the KF models so i can work out on them for the Sorcerer's models.
Cheers.
Random avatar
RedDynasty[PT]
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Tacodaninja » Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 pm

RedDynasty[PT] wrote:Hey guys, i know your are all busy with the other perks so i decided to get some work done for the perk i suggested.
I allready got the perk icons and im trying to get the KF models so i can work out on them for the Sorcerer's models.
Cheers.

what do you mean model if you mean skins that takes up to much room to add something like that and cool you might wanna talk to guard about the whole making the perk yourself because he is picky XD
Tacodaninja

Postby Ags_Da_Ags » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:40 am

Hey gaurdian its ags was thinking you could add grenader perk where the perk centers around only using grenades.

Thought this might be a lay out for it possiable depends on how it actually would play out.
Also thought that the grenades should be weapons and not to be included with the ones already built in which is why i put grenade increase and grenade starting ammo and max ammo in parathesis after the weapon. also thought u could possiabley add special weapons like healing nade (that heal for a fixed amount in the explosion radius)/fire/stun/lure/cluster etc. Also my thinking behind this perk was that it should be durable as reg perks like commando/sharp/support but having a weakness to fire but resistance to explosions because most likely things arn't gunna go perfect when your lobbing grenades around husks. Last thought it should have increase in speed because the perk doesn't require the user to have heavy equipment but thought it should be slightly faster to get a little bit of distance between the person and zed but not enough so it become overpowered and indepent of the teams support.

Ps: at level 10 i think its explosive resistance should be like 95% or so but not 100%

Level 0 Grenader
+5% damage with Grenade Weapons
+20% Grenade Capacity
+3% faster movement speed
+10% resistance to explosive
-125% resistance to fire
Weak Grenades(5/30) added to Inventory

Level 1 Grenader
+15% damage with Grenade Weapons
+40% Grenade Capacity
+6% faster movement speed
+20% resistance to explosive
-120% resistance to fire
Standard Grenades(5/20) added to Inventory

Level 2 Grenader
+25% damage with Grenade Weapons
+60% Grenade Capacity
+9% faster movement speed
+30% resistance to explosive
-115% resistance to fire
Molotovo Grenades (5/20) added to Inventory

pps: forgot to add a grenade distance throw incres and alt fire could possiably be used to change grenades time delay
-ags
Random avatar
Ags_Da_Ags
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Tacodaninja » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Ags_Da_Ags wrote:Hey gaurdian its ags was thinking you could add grenader perk where the perk centers around only using grenades.

Thought this might be a lay out for it possiable depends on how it actually would play out.
Also thought that the grenades should be weapons and not to be included with the ones already built in which is why i put grenade increase and grenade starting ammo and max ammo in parathesis after the weapon. also thought u could possiabley add special weapons like healing nade (that heal for a fixed amount in the explosion radius)/fire/stun/lure/cluster etc. Also my thinking behind this perk was that it should be durable as reg perks like commando/sharp/support but having a weakness to fire but resistance to explosions because most likely things arn't gunna go perfect when your lobbing grenades around husks. Last thought it should have increase in speed because the perk doesn't require the user to have heavy equipment but thought it should be slightly faster to get a little bit of distance between the person and zed but not enough so it become overpowered and indepent of the teams support.

Ps: at level 10 i think its explosive resistance should be like 95% or so but not 100%

Level 0 Grenader
+20% Grenade Capacity
-125% resistance to fire

Level 1 Grenader
+40% Grenade Capacity
-120% resistance to fire

Level 2 Grenader
+60% Grenade Capacity
-115% resistance to fire

pps: forgot to add a grenade distance throw incres and alt fire could possiably be used to change grenades time delay
-ags

sounds like a great fun perk and it could use bigger radius to when it levels as well
Tacodaninja

Postby Ags_Da_Ags » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm

totally agree with that. =)
Random avatar
Ags_Da_Ags
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Tacodaninja wrote:http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51112
i found another pistol when looking around :P
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... hp?t=75219
lol yes XD

Didn't add either of those :p The USP 45 looked cool, and Sorrow said it in the post that it had a few bugs. I was going to check it out, until i unpacked it and saw the texture file was 50MB 8O Even the dual shotguns was only around 25MB total I'm thinking... 50MB for a handgun.. Nope.. and that was just the textures... 8O

As for the mauser c96... i have that gun already, and it was the pistol for the Sab for a long time... The animation isn't the best... and the sound sucks bad :nod:
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Ags_Da_Ags wrote:Hey gaurdian its ags was thinking you could add grenader perk where the perk centers around only using grenades.

Level 0 Grenader
+20% Grenade Capacity
-125% resistance to fire

Level 1 Grenader
+40% Grenade Capacity
-120% resistance to fire

Level 2 Grenader
+60% Grenade Capacity
-115% resistance to fire

-ags

Actually the Grenader was already on my perk list :p I have several, it just takes time to make them. I pushed it back because its going to take some time coding it. Because i will need to make grenades to be as weapons and not as a extra like the stock ones... As for the flame nades, that won't work sadly... Because all fire damage goes to the firebug. The explosive damage i can make new damage source files to pull the impact and blast for those... But fire damage doesn't seem to work the same. So, fire nades wold be a no go sadly :( Also heal nades... Because all healing damage would go to medic... Fire and healing doesn't seem to be setup the same as other damage types. I will look into it more however later on :) and I will work on this perk later on :) Combat Medic is the next one, and I have one or maybe two that I would like to do after the Combat Medic :mrgreen:
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Tacodaninja » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Brawler doesnt need knifes he needs rocks as Jake (filling Kloor) said it suits the perk more then knifes would :P i just love this idea
Tacodaninja

Postby Tacodaninja » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Guardian wrote:

Level 0 Grenader
+20% Grenade Capacity
-125% resistance to fire

Level 1 Grenader
+40% Grenade Capacity
-120% resistance to fire

Level 2 Grenader
+60% Grenade Capacity
-115% resistance to fire

-ags

Actually the Grenader was already on my perk list :p I have several, it just takes time to make them. I pushed it back because its going to take some time coding it. Because i will need to make grenades to be as weapons and not as a extra like the stock ones... As for the flame nades, that won't work sadly... Because all fire damage goes to the firebug. The explosive damage i can make new damage source files to pull the impact and blast for those... But fire damage doesn't seem to work the same. So, fire nades wold be a no go sadly :( Also heal nades... Because all healing damage would go to medic... Fire and healing doesn't seem to be setup the same as other damage types. I will look into it more however later on :) and I will work on this perk later on :) Combat Medic is the next one, and I have one or maybe two that I would like to do after the Combat Medic :mrgreen:

what about poison nades and couldnt you just use the stun nades model/code?
Tacodaninja

Postby Guardian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 am

Tacodaninja wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Level 0 Grenader
+20% Grenade Capacity
-125% resistance to fire

Level 1 Grenader
+40% Grenade Capacity
-120% resistance to fire

Level 2 Grenader
+60% Grenade Capacity
-115% resistance to fire

-ags

what about poison nades and couldnt you just use the stun nades model/code?

It's not as simple as you might think :) I have already thought about the grenader a while back, and I would use the stun nades base code. It's working with it, and adding different types of damage, that makes it more complex. I haven't looked at the code in detail, so i couldn't say how long it would take. But, as i have found out with all the other perks i have made. When you start adding stuff, like lets say the katana... which is a melee weapon. Very simple code.. But making it poison... that required several hours of work, just for the one weapon. If it was just copy and past. Everyone would do it. I really would like people to check out the tutorial on TWI, as Durbs did. It's an extremely simple perk, that could easily be made in about 5 to 10 mins... that's if you didn't include making the perk icon. All it was, was a very very very simple perk with one gun. nothing was done to the gun... it was just just coded for the one certain weapon to give perk increase to the new perk. The new perk only had i think one extra attribute added. When I told durbs that was as simple as a perk could get... that puts things in better perspective... when one works with over 100 plus source files, it takes time. I just try to get people to understand, I do this on my free time. I don't get paid for it, it's just something i do and i'm glad others enjoy it. But, i gotta take breaks because if i don't i would have already burned myself out.

In time I will work on it, just remember, it's not as simple as it sounds a lot of times. :)
Guardian

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to Killing Floor