Perk and server suggestion area :)

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Re: Perk and server suggestion area :)

Postby Uberzilla » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:17 am

I really to see achievements on the server (serverside) like killing pat or leveling up or doing particular things and such
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...
Random avatar
Uberzilla
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby tallsparton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:38 am

Perk: Soul Reaper
Role: Melee
Random avatar
tallsparton
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Flamebird6 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Kinda surprised i've never seen this suggested (I might not have seen it though).

Perk:HEIA (High-Explosive Incendiary Ammunition, totally not based on the explosive pp19 SMGS gets at 10)
Weapons will still be able to kill yourself at close range.

Level 0(Increases by level shown here)
0% extra damage with HEIA Weapons(Increase by 10% a level)[100% at 10]200% at 20 :smirk:
0% incrase in HEIA Mag Capacity(Increase by 10% a level)[100% at 10]
0% extra HEIA Ammo(Increase by 5% a level)[50% at 10]
50% slower firing rate(Goes down by 2.5% a level)[25% slower at 10]
80% slower reload speed with HEIA Weapons(Gets 4% faster a level)[40% slower reload at 10]
30% decrease in movement speed(Gets 3% faster a level)[Normal Movement at 10]
200% extra damage from fire(Lowers by 10% a level)[100% extra at 10]
200% extra damage from Bloat Bile(Same as above)
0% resistance to melee(Increases by 3% a level)[30% at 10]
5% discount on HEIA Weapons(Increases by 10% a level)[capping at 95% at 9 obviously]
Spawn with HEIA Bullpup

Level 2 Weapons = Machine Dualies and Glock18c
Level 3 Weapon = SPThompson
Level 4 Weapon = AA12
Level 5 Weapons = XMk5 and SW76
Level 6 Weapon = Stinger
Level 7 Weapon = Type 19
Level 8 Weapons = Jackhammer and Remington
Level 9 Weapon = M60
Level 10 Weapon = XMV850

Thought up the weapons at last second, then added in a slower firing rate to make the miniguns not as op
Random avatar
Flamebird6
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Regulus_Moriarty » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:34 pm

RE: Frost Perk

I've been playing the Frost Perk recently, and while I haven't reached the higher levels I think I have a good idea for how the perk plays. It looks like the Perk is meant to be a support/offDPS: Frost is meant to hold back ZEDs, and due to its slow speed it works best by holding down an area.

The biggest problem with Frost is that the early game is BRUTAL. You can blow through all your weapons' clips quickly, and the slow effects aren't really noticeable until Lv2 (and you NEED to almost directly hit ZEDs). Even at Lv2-3, the slow effects are short lived. You need to keep sustained fire on ZEDs to keep them slowed. The projectile effects also obscure vision, which means I need to stop firing to see if I'm hitting anything (meaning that I'm no longer slowing zeds...)

-----
SUGGESTIONS FOR FROST:

- I'm okay with the reload speed. Allowing faster reloads will likely break Lv9+ Frosts. Instead, a way to keep slow reloads intact while making things more manageable is enabling Reload Cancelling for Frost weapons (if that's possible). Weapons still have the long reload time, but you aren't completely useless while you're reloading: you can swap to a weapon that has ammo or you can swap to your Med-syringe to heal people.

- Faster Weapon Switch Speed: I've often had to swap through weapons to find something with ammunition, usually having to cycle through nearly all of my guns to find something that I can shoot. It can also help keep an area held down, as the time spent changing weapons is time not keeping ZEDs slowed...

- Slightly increased Clip Size: I remember seeing this suggestion elsewhere, but even a few extra shots for only early-game weaponry would probably make things a little more bearable.

- Reduce the projectile effects: Frost Projectiles shake the screen and can really obscure vision, making it harder to see what you (and your teammates) are attacking. I always feel bad playing Frost with other people...
Random avatar
Regulus_Moriarty
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Regulus_Moriarty » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm

RE: New Perk Idea

NAME: TBD

Concept: A fast-moving skirmisher who deals great short-range damage, but damage falls off after a specific distance. Perk must choose the right times to run in, deal damage, then run out.

Features:
- Character's (1) slot is a knife, as typical; (2) is a Revolver-type weapon; (3) is a shotgun type weapon; (4) are pipebombs that explode after a few seconds as opposed to proximity; (5) is med-syringe, welder as normal

- Weapons' clip size are relatively small and do not increase with levels (or if they do increase, it can only increase to double initial clip size). Instead, the amount of ammo you can carry, reload speed, and weapon swap speed increase with levels. You are meant to run in, deal a lot of damage, run out and reload. The amount of ammo you can pick up from ammo boxes also increases. Additionally, your weapons reload each shot individually (think regular shotgun or Lilith's Kisses), so you always have the option to swap weapons.

- Weapon damage falls off after a certain distance. (Alternatively, make the weapon spread so great that you *have* you be in close range in order to do meaningful damage).

- Gain fire and bloat bile resistances which increase with levels. You won't have to worry about getting instagibbed by a Scorcher or a Hurler. Additionally, you have increased movement speed (About as fast as Matrix? Basically, you can get away unless a ZED starts sprinting or if there's a time keeper about. Also, Frost Zeds will really mess you up!)

- To compensate for these bonuses, you are VERY vulnerable to Melee attacks (probably about the same as Mage, if not worse). You will need to choose when to run in very carefully.
Random avatar
Regulus_Moriarty
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Arctic_Howler » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:12 am

New Perk suggestion

Name: Builder/Construction worker

Role: Support

The idea of this guy would be placement of barricades and other things, would be purely about building a defensible location, I don't know if you could even code half the stuff I'd love to see this guy do instead of the usual, but I'll just list it... Also I'm not going to list each level or even stat suggestions, I'll leave that to your imagination but I will suggest this, this class(if possible) would need a players in radius check to determine his stats, he's not meant for solo play of any kind and will die instantly if left alone. Basically if solo- -50% movement(construction workers are lazy without a foreman, in this instance players are your foremen, the more players nearby, the better you are) +100%(or more) damage from all sources(regardless of number of players, this perk is not a real fighter and as such will never be able to survive a full on assault). Maybe scale the debuff of solo based on level, worse or better. I only suggest this idea because I've noticed that the community is a lot better at team play since I left, so I figured it's time to suggest such a possible perk. Barricades would have a health buff based on player's perk level(if even remotely possible, if not would need alternate barricades for higher level to replace previous ones, I would also say more than just 1 or 2 so that they can actually build up a defense that can somewhat hold) . Barricades would need the welded door flag on them so that the ai will actually target them if they block their path, they also would be implacable on top of each other( eg. Sentry tech's turrets can be placed on each other, the barricades would require solid surface such as the ground and not be where a door can open/close into them) Possibility of an upgrade system or just special barricades at later levels to supply different effects, such as if a zed approaches a spiked barricade, they'd take damage every so often, maybe even be slowed if there's an opening and the ai decides to go around it, stuff like that. Basically the idea of this perk is all about keeping the zeds back and giving everyone a place to hold out without relying purely on doors that can't hold for shite, or relying purely on everyone shooting one spot non-stop and hoping nothing slips through. Starts with a crowbar and 1 Barricade, all gear after that I'd leave up to you. I've wanted to suggest this perk ever since sentry tech came out but never got around to it and since team play was terrible at the time, I didn't want to suggest a perk that actually requires 100% teamwork and then be left unused because no one would be able to use it. As a final note, it would be cool if you could place them with no health(or very small amount) and have to repair them using a special welder(preferably separate somehow from advanced and support but yer call, would need special weaponry either way to scale levels without carrying over too much from others) until they are fully constructed, basically as his name would imply he's building the base from the ground up. I'm not saying that he should be able to literally build a whole map in the field, just some walls, maybe even towards lvl 5 he could get a raised platform that could be recognized as a static object but still be destructible? I dunno.... You'd be the one figuring that out... Obviously though if the raised platform is made, it would have to be vacated if there is a breach in the defenses(aka if a zed enters the walled area, all players on raised platforms must come down, regardless of perk or the zed's survival time). Especially if it happens to be a glitchy item, such as when destroyed leaving things floating(players included) they would need to come down if on pro servers... I'm terrible at explaining things, but hopefully you got the idea...
Random avatar
Arctic_Howler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Regulus_Moriarty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 am

New Perk Idea: Reploid Class ZERO (or Maverick Hunter)

A Mega Man inspired perk. This perk can easily be another 200M perk, as it's meant to be a weaker but more durable (sort of...)

Weapon Progression Chart:
Lv0: Z-Saber (That's right, melee only for the beginning!)
Lv1: Z-Buster (Chargeless)
Lv2: Metal Blade
Lv3: Shotgun Ice
Lv4: Homing Torpedoes
Lv5: Fire Wave
Lv6: Crash Bombs + Lv1 Z-Buster Charge ability
Lv7: Acid Burst (Although I'm not too happy with this one just yet)
Lv8: Thunder Beam
Lv9: Time Stopper + Improved Charge ability for most weapons
Lv10, 15, 20: Z-Knuckle (which includes Hadouken alt-fire)

Z-Buster has its own ammo pool, but all secondary weapons have a shared ammo pool (it's like trying to use Stock M4 and Stock M4 M203 EDIT: Stock M4's have separate ammo pools... Still, I want shared ammo for all secondaries...). Each secondary weapon has an alt-fire that requires a 2 second charge (and Lv9+). These weapons do not have a clip, so they cannot be reloaded (you may put in a reload speed penalty to disincentivise xperking); they're like the Husk Fireball Launcher in that respect.
I'll describe weapons in better detail when I'm not on mobile, but they shouldn't have anything that's radically different from in-game effects.

Perk Progression:
+10% Reploid Weapon Damage / Level (max +200% at Lv20)
+2% stronger armor/level (max 30% strength at Lv10+, so 10% at Lv0)
Starts with 150% Weakness to Bloat, Fire, and Melee, with -5% Weakness / level (100% weaker at Lv10+)
Immunity to Reploid Weapons
50% Less fall Damage at Lv0 (-5% Weakness / level, immunity at Lv10+)
+90% Reploid Ammo / Level (+900% at Lv10+, or 10x Reploid Ammo)
60% Faster Movement Speed, (+3% Bonus / Level, up to 90% Faster at Lv10+)
+5% faster Melee Attack Speed / Level (max +5% at Lv10+, may tweak as see fit)
+3% faster Melee movement speed (like Berserker; max +30% at Lv10+)
+2.5% faster firing speed / level (max +25% at Lv10+)

Heck, I'd love to try making this perk myself. I'm trying to pickup learning UnrealScript and KF modding (when I'm not trying to level Frost :wink: )
Random avatar
Regulus_Moriarty
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Arctic_Howler » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:00 am

New Perk Suggestion

Name: Necromancer

Role: Ranged/Support

I'm curious if you can even code this(would also unlock a new zed possibility), but here goes... Necromancer would utilize health stealing spells/effects as well as DOT effects that spread to nearby enemies(Not sure what system you would use, though technically it could be a like toxin system but weaker with a check for nearby zeds/user and a roll on if it spreads to said checked within certain radius) I'm not going to list possible stats as it's your call on that, but I'd highly recommend mimicking mage minus his resistances, if anything he should be normal with the ones mage is immune to and maybe even weak to fire and/or acid... possibly as he gets stronger his health steal could transfer some of stolen health to nearby allies, making his a valuable asset to stick close to at all times(I doubt it's possible to make but if you can somehow create something like the sentry tech's doom sentry bot but melee, you could add in undead minions that can provide other benefits, though they should try to stay close like the medic sentry bot)

lvl 0 weapon: A very Weak Health Steal and/or extremely weak DOT(Damage over time) spell(no spread yet)
lvl 1 weapon: slightly stronger DOT spell with very low chance spread
lvl 2 weapon: Decent Health Steal
etc...
Random avatar
Arctic_Howler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Previous

Return to Killing Floor