Perk and server suggestion area :)

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Re: Perk and server suggestion area :)

Postby Negor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:51 pm

frost fast: gorefast that can freeze people
ninja frost: ninja clot that throws ice instead of ninja stars

just feel there should be more ice zeds
Random avatar
Negor
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby Mangu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 pm

There's a couple of suggestions I asked around the steam group, I'll just repost it here for researching purposes.

Raising ZED cap above 800

"These two things have been brought up frequently in conversations during the servers, just posting it here so Guard can read it when he has time. There's a mutator that allegedly enables going over 800 ZED cap, I haven't tested it yet and here's the link to said mutator http://killingfloorbrazil.webnode.pt/mods/mods-u-/ one of our group gave me this link, credits for Cpt. Chris for this idea".

The other topic is not really a suggestion so, this is pretty much the suggestion, adding more ZEDs to the mix, very high lvl perks with benefit ridiculously but low level perks might get a better chance at shooting stuff in earlier waves.
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Saito » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Suggested Perk
NOTE: Extreme rebalancing to compensate for basically being armed with only the 9mm for a while will be needed. While I prefer him to not have any weaknesses, I would agree to possibly allowing bloat bile and fire do normal damage, or possibly slightly increased.

Classless
Armed with only his 9mm, his knife, welder, frag nades, and syringe, here walks the classless mercenary with no need for fancy gadgets. Abandoning all fanciful plasma weapons, laser rifles, sentry turrets, and outlandish melee devices, he stalks the streets armed with a default loadout, and enough badassery to outdo 100 mortal men. Of course, some rather modified versions of the default loadout doesn't hurt to have either...

Overview of Concept
Code: Select all
0% more damage with Classless weapons [100% increase per level]
0% increased ammo pickup for Classless weapons [100% increase per level]
25% faster welding [5% per level]
75% faster movement [25% increase per level]
10% increase in grenade capacity [10% increase per level]
0% more Classless weapon ammo [20% increase per level]
0% larger weapon magazine [20% increase per level]
10% faster syringe recharge [10% increase per level]
20% increase in jump height [20% increase per level]
10% resistance to all damage [5% increase per level]
0% more armor [100% increase per level]
100% resistance to fall damage [constant]
Spawn with Classless 9mm, Classless Knife, 100 armor

Weapons

After hours of welding bullshit, long nights roasting zeds fire requirements, and blowing more heads than an 8000 year old hooker, Classless has stuck with his basics, retaining nothing more than his default weapons and modifying his innate abilities to bring forth their potential. His blood boils with the spirits of dead mercenaries and exp grinders, and with every trigger pull and swing of the knife, their despair is channeled into his attacks.

Classless 9mm
Nothing more than the normal 9mm. But its rounds are supercharged as a result of Classless' innate attack bonus, turning this dinky little pistol into a ZED shredding nightmare the more Classless levels. Classless will obtain a total of 45 magazines that in themselves contain 45 rounds by level 10. The base damage of a pistol is 35 on a body shot, 38 on a headshot. While not particularly impressive, by level 5 alone, a Classless pistol will deal 175 damage on a body shot, and 190 on a headshot.
Perhaps suggestion of earning penetration over the course of leveling classless up?

Classless Knife
Default Knife weapon. Nothing worth mentioning. A level 5 knife's alt fire will maintain an approximate dps of 250, with stun properties at this point if aiming at a ZED's head.

Classless Grenade
Default Grenade. Dat bonus though. 300 base damage will eventually become 3000. Oof.

From levels 1-3, no new weapons are obtained.

Level 4 Weapon

Slot 3: 9mm "Impulse" Instantaneous Velocity Pistol
With a magazine that holds 1 round, this little puppy deals 500 damage on a body shot, amplified by a 400% damage bonus from the perk. Carries 15 magazines and consequently 15 rounds. Capacity will be increased as perk levels. Impulse pistol is identified by its white and red coloring, distinguishing it from the normal 9mm. Can one shot most ZEDs, even with their HP bonuses from player count. But choose wisely when you wish to fire it. A boss appears and you want to put a big dent in their HP? Or perhaps that Fleshpound is closing in on you, and you instinctively pull out this weapon, hoping to end its rampage in 1 or 2 shots. Out of 800 ZEDs, which need to be shut down with extreme prejudice?

Level 5 Weapon

Slot 2: 9mm "Millennium" Machine Pistol
A 9mm pistol with normal damage, but with 1000 rounds. 1 magazine, enough rounds to go on for quite a while. Still gets ammo increase bonus, so maybe the name is misleading after level 5?

Level 6
Spawn with 600 Armor

Level 7 Weapon

Accelerated Muscle Deterioration Injector
Slot 5: 100 capsules of Super AIDs to load into a special syringe. Poke a ZED and watch him die. 1 injection to slow, 2 to permastun them, and 3 to inflict 1500 damage base damage. If ZED survives, then he will remain permastunned. Rapid injection application, so run around and give everyone a healthy dose.

Level 8 Weapon

Slot 2: 9mm "Endless Waltz" High Capacity Pistol
750 magazines with this gun, each with 4 rounds in it. Reload speed should be modified to approximately 0.5 seconds.
Get it? A waltz is a 4 note measure structured piece of music. And this one is endless. Well, not really. But still a lot.
Maybe make it play musical notes when firing?

Spawn with 800 armor

Level 9 Weapon

Intrinsic Field Disruption Punch
Slot 1: After years of training and grinding, the Classless perk has achieved the ability to punch with such force and precision that it effectively removes a ZED's ability to maintain solid coherent mass, and the force of the punch effectively exerts enough force on the target to remove their intrinsic field, deconstructing them atom by atom. Once it makes contact with a ZED, there is an explosion as excessive force leaves the ZED's body, causing an explosion in range similiar to a pipebomb, dealing 500 damage with perk bonus to the surrounding area. Startup plays noise of Combine Disintegration Orb before the swing, which results in light and explosion, blasting the ZED and others to meat powder. Must have a cooldown interval between swings.

Level 10 Weapon

Intrinsic Field Wavelength Disruption Technique
Slot 4: Classless holds an invisible 9mm handgun, aims it at horde of Zeds. The rage of everyone who ever had exp and levels lost by rollbacks, server crashes, or rebalances is focused into an attack. He fires, and the entire horde is blown into the air or disintegrated. Imagine if the Sentry Tech RPG instantly hit its lazed target and had higher explosive range and damage. 100 "rounds", with 2 second cool down in between shots.
I wonder how one aims this thing?
Random avatar
Saito
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Alastor » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:01 pm

I don't know how feasible it would be to code these mechanics on a perk but it sounded really interesting to me.

Perk: Duelist
Role: Melee
Description: Oh no, not another melee perk! We have enough of these filling every type of role and they’re starting to all feel the same! Well this one is a bit different. It takes almost no damage at all just about as tanky or even tankier than Horror. Here’s the catch. When it gets multiple enemies on it then he becomes nearly as squishy as Advanced Shock Trooper. This perk focuses on combat between small amounts of enemies.

-Stat Overview-
• Needs melee damage to level.
• Standard default move speed.
• Melee speed caps around 100% (Half the speed of Sword Master.)
• Melee damage caps around 400% (Slightly stronger than Sword Master but not as strong as Horror. Not taking elite damage into consideration.)
• Is nearly invulnerable until it starts taking damage from multiple sources in a small time frame. Being on fire or having bile on you would be a continuous source of damage until it’s gone
• Level 1-3 can only safely take damage from one source. If it takes damage from two sources it will die in one or two hits.
• Level 4-6 can take damage from up to two sources safely.
• Level 7-9 can take damage from up to 3 sources safely.
• Level 10 doesn’t make it have four sources. Instead it makes the class slightly tankier, allowing it to only die in maybe 2-3 or 3-4 hits when it actually starts taking damage.
• Weapons would just be a bunch of swords and crap, don’t really need to go into detail on this. Rapiers would be the preference though.
Random avatar
Alastor
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Butler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:26 pm

So are more characters going to be a thing?
I mean there are quite a bit of character packs on the Stream workshop. Could vote on which ones we would like to see.
Some couldn't care less about characters but personally I like to be more... fitting to the perk I chose.
Butler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Location: If it's Monday today; in your heart. Any other day, in your vent system.

Postby Negor » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Perk Suggestion
The Kamikaze
That's right a perk that explodes so i can fulfill my quota of insanity.

This perk will basically suicide bomb while gaining resistances to survive its own explosives
starting out though this perk will have no resistances to its own explosives and its starting suicide bomb will deal damage somewhere between a mini pipe to a normal pipe bomb.
But at lvl 1 it will start to quickly gain explosive resistance boosting straight up from 0%-50% resistance to its own explosives, maybe enough to survive its starting explosive.
At lvl 2 the resistance to its own explosives will increase to 75% and it will get a suicide bomb thats around or stronger then a pipebomb.
at lvl 3 the resistances to its own explosives will max out at 90% unless it needs more which it might at higher lvls and it will get the firebomb thingy form of a suicide bomb.
then at lvl 4 and so on its suicide bombs gets stronger and stronger going from plasma, to electric and so on and its lvl 10 would be a suicide bomb with obliv stats that will of course insta kill the user as should most of the kamikaze weapons over lvl 6.

Alternatively you could combine kamikaze and grenadier into a single perk :mrgreen:
Random avatar
Negor

Postby Negor » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Butler wrote:So are more characters going to be a thing?
I mean there are quite a bit of character packs on the Stream workshop. Could vote on which ones we would like to see.
Some couldn't care less about characters but personally I like to be more... fitting to the perk I chose.

The problem with character packs is that they take up memory on the server, and memory is limited to 2 gigabytes or something like that which guard would rather use to add new weapons and zeds to the servers.
Random avatar
Negor

Postby Butler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Negor wrote:The problem with character packs is that they take up memory on the server, and memory is limited to 2 gigabytes or something like that which guard would rather use to add new weapons and zeds to the servers.

Oh I see. Yeah that would be a problem. It is better to have more content.
Butler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Location: If it's Monday today; in your heart. Any other day, in your vent system.

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Butler wrote:So are more characters going to be a thing?

Actually memory isn't the issue with this really anymore. Especially since I went through and change the codes on the weapons to only load when needed. So, the server doesn't load every weapon when it's not needed. However, the problem is, the Game Engine can only have so many files loading at once, or packages. I have went through and compressed almost all my weapons I have on my severs down to only one packages, meaning I took the animation, static mesh, sounds, and textures, and compressed them all down to one animation file, which has allowed me to have the amount of stuff I have on my servers. I also did this with my custom zeds and perks and custom weapons for each perk. I have compressed everything to about as much as I able to. And after all of that, I'm still close to the limit of what the game engine can load at once.

However, Marco, maker of Server Perks. Has made a new mod that helps with this. When Killing Floor was made and when it loads, it loads all the unreal packages also(since KF was a Unreal Mod at first). So, there is a lot of crap that should not be loading and is taking up package room. He has done some updating to this mod he released, and this last one seems to be working great. Now, as for how many packages this opens up free, i'm not sure. So, even with stuff I add, I will still be compressing as much as I can and only adding stuff I really would like to add. Because I want to leave some breathing room, just in case TWI releases more skins or weapons for Killing Floor. Because when they do this, they don't compress their files, and the skins and especially weapons they add, take up several packages... :\

Hope that added some light on the subject. But, when I have time, I will probably add some custom skins, but again, I plan on compressing them, so it will take a lot of time depending on how many I add and have to compress together.

Thanks,
Guardian :ninja:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Also :mrgreen: Great ideas on some perks :p Sadly I'm getting close to the limit of what the remote servers database can handle, so, I'm having to be very choosy of what I add. Not sure how many more I can make, I think it's around 5 or 8. I figured up it would max at about 45 and i have 37 right now. I need to leave a little room for growth on each persons database section.

The database has a limit of so many characters per person database line. So, me increasing the perk limits didn't help this matter, however, it was a great update I think, since it gives a lot more life to the current perks, and any new perks I add. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Guardian :ninja:
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Butler » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 pm

So is there a reason why for non-pro servers unlimited perk changes is not allowed?
I mean it doesn't break any rules. The main benefit from this is that it'll allow the heavies to get to the trader faster. Actually that's about the only benefit besides like changing to Medic mid match to heal people once your ammo is gone.
I mean truth be told, if you die a heavy and the trader is like 100m away... you're probably not going to make it.
Certainly is a burden and I myself feel guilty for having to get a push every time.
Butler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Butler wrote:So is there a reason why for non-pro servers unlimited perk changes is not allowed?
I mean it doesn't break any rules. The main benefit from this is that it'll allow the heavies to get to the trader faster. Actually that's about the only benefit besides like changing to Medic mid match to heal people once your ammo is gone.
I mean truth be told, if you die a heavy and the trader is like 100m away... you're probably not going to make it.
Certainly is a burden and I myself feel guilty for having to get a push every time.

On Non-Pro servers, you can switch perks and glitch all you like. Pro Server and Non Pro server rules are listed here :) http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=157

I don't allow crossperking on Pro Servers, because perks are to be played as is, and I myself cannot stand crossperking. I couldn't stand it even playing on vanilla servers before I started modding. It also, defeats the reason I make the perks. :nod: Perks like heavy's are made slow for a reason, as they should be. They are powerful and they hold a lot of fire power. Maybe not at the beginning but over time they do. And they need support from other perks to help them on the battle field. It would be like saying a Heavy Tank, should be able to turn on turbo, speed down the battle field like a light tank or HMV... just a random example. I see the perks when I play and as I make them as actual units, and not just a perk tag. The entire reason I made the Pro Servers :nod: But, again, Non-Pro servers have few rules, and crossperking and glitching is not a rule on them. :)
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Butler » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Right right... I mean like not against the rules, but it's not possible.
I spawn as like Terminator and switch to Ninja to quickly get to the Trader. I try to change back to Terminator and I can't. I have to now play an entire wave as a Ninja and then it'll be changed back to Terminator.
It's exactly like vanilla where you can only change perks once per wave. I was suggesting to remove this limit or at least increasing it.
Though I can see what you mean if like Heavies from level 1 - 5 were to choose a perk that will speed them up while still having an over powered gun.
So is it possible to make it unlimited changes during just trader time or something?
Butler
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Negor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Melee Elite perks

I think that melee perks going into the elite lvls need more of their stats increased since melee perks focus more on all of their stats as a whole
rather then simply their damage stat. I doubt increasing all stats would make them op since in the end a melee perk places itself right in front of danger. plus increasing a melee perk surivivability helps it alot more then just straight damage upgrades since melee perks are constantly in danger and even the melee perks that have ranged weapons are still very limited and to get good damage need to go to the forefront, whereas a ranged perk can be in some secluded corner where it can blast away all threats. I'm not saying that horror needs max melee resistance or sonic blaze needs even more movement speed, although maybe it does I wouldnt know :) , but i think that for some perks their attack speeds increasing along with damage is very important and guardian should probably get more armor strength to like 85% at lvl 20

anyways make what you can out of this jumbled mess of thoughts :mrgreen:
Random avatar
Negor

Postby jom_yong » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:47 am

Sith Lord Perk (edited from previous independent post)

Darth Vader/ Darth Maul head as perk symbol (most recognizable sith lords)

perk effects/weapons: (basic overview)

red lightsaber (must be fairly powerful)
dual wielded red lightsabers
double bladed lightsaber (stronger like dual wielded lightsabers but with greater reach, may be reskinned polearm weapon like axe)

force powers; force push and pull (reskinned zero point field manipulator as used by sentry tech {reskinning idea by Jelinator} force push may do additional damage as opposed to only pushing away zeds), force choke (hold in air or ground while doing gradual damage, {idea by Silent_Ranger}), force lightning that stuns and does some damage (only sith lords can use lightning with the exception of one jedi but whatevs, lightning effect as used by lightning bugs and shocktrooper perks), force wave (more powerful version of force push, does area damage and will be modified siren scream with pushing effect, added damage like force push but stronger and without siren scream sound), force lightning wave (as seen in Force Unleashed, combination of force wave and lightning), force speed as a burst of speed, if possible some force abilities can be secondary fire mode of the lightsaber (but could interfere with reskinning zero point field manipulator, not sure) or could just be modded as separate weapons,
and perhaps other force powers as are suggested

minimal armor as sith lords do not have any (unless added at a very high level to mimic Darth Vader's armor) and significant weakness to bloat bile, fire, lightning, etc

extra movement speed as force abilities allow (could replace or be replaced by force speed or simply complement it)

higher jump, maybe the moonbase jump effect

instead of sith lord, variations can be made like jedi (everything except sith lightning attacks), Darth Vader (lightning weakness and no sith lightning attacks as his cybernetic nature is prone to it, stronger armor, slower movement), Yoda (much greater weaknesses to everything than sith lord and jedi, faster movement speed, stronger force powers), Luke Skywalker (like Jedi except with welding/advanced welding as he is tech savvy and use of some energy weapons like that of the stormTs since they were briefly used) etc...
Last edited by jom_yong on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
jom_yong
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

PreviousNext

Return to Killing Floor