Perk and server suggestion area :)

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Re: Perk and server suggestion area :)

Postby DickChappy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:11 am

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that have this idea but for perk suggestions I think adding an ice perk for heavy crowd control base would be kinda cool (that pun). Basically the perk itself does not do significant damage until gold but throughout all levels it helps slowing or even freezing zeds so in any case when the sentry techs go down they are the second in line to hold the waves.

What I have for idea is basically the perk fires bullets similar to cinder/firebugs where they do bullet as well as freeze damage (maybe change the flamethrower animation slightly and the colour to light blue?) and for more single target weapons they can freeze (ie.stun) the target for certain amount of time or as long as the person is shooting but cannot freeze more than 2 or 3 targets at a time. Larger aoe weapons can have bigger slowing effect from the chill but cannot freeze any targets.

As for the weakness like former posters suggested having fire/bile weakness only adds more problem later on for other perks that shares the same problem, so instead have the perk resist to bile, above average movement, and maybe neutral to the rest but explosives.

I just felt like having something else for crowd control other than sentry turrets would be nice, and an ice perk is pretty unique in its own right.
Random avatar
DickChappy
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Uberzilla » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:46 pm

the flame shivers have got to go it's too much for the non pro server
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...
Random avatar
Uberzilla
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Mangu » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:41 pm

I agree with Uberzilla xD!!!
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Negor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm

I think there should be some telleporting bloats that maybe exploded like a boomer but instead with acid but the acid only does normal bloat damage itd be green and would be called acid-boomer or something
Random avatar
Negor
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby Mangu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:53 am

You have bloat fetish like Guardian too? xD why not Acid Shivers instead? Same idea just a different ZED. Too much bloats IMO xD. BLAAAARGLGLLL :oops:
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Mangu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am

Vanilla Patriarch with all its variants sounds like a fun addition past wave 6 as an alternate miniboss. All of them multi colored patriarchs except for the Santa Patty because he is the destroyer after all. Just like regular zeds and their variants like Lefty Jr. Gorefast or Nutpound Fleshpound.

Unless it would be too difficult for the core difficulty suggested in non pro servers, I think it's nice to keel him. Also, adding him as a regular zed past wave 8 or 9 in pro servers would be hilarious XD.

Watcha guys think?
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Hatty Hattington » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Perk suggestion: Terminator

Balance suggestions: Termy is pretty imbalanced at the moment in relation to the other perks, moreso now that the damage bonus has been fixed across all perks. It's got the second highest damage bonus of any bullet perk, bottomless clip sizes, and it's nigh unkillable to anything, even bloat acid, which it's supposed to be weak to. so i suggest the following:

1) Make termy a 60m perk.

It's needed this for a long time now. It easily outclasses both cinder and HST in damage output and survivability for a small disadvantage of -20% movespeed compared to them...its the most powerful perk on the server damage-wise (at all ranges, both close and far), it's the most survivable perk on the entire server thanks to it's armor and melee resist... it should be 60m.

2) Increase its weakness to bloat acid up to a scaling of 600% -> 500% (same as sonic blaze). Or more, if you prefer.

Much like how sonic blaze would be the most powerful melee perk on the server if it was more survivable towards bloats, termy needs an actual weakness. 250% bloat weakness that scales to 200% weakness at level 10 means nothing. their 90% better armor barely gets scratched by bloat acid...and if it does, it'll just be welded back up in a heartbeat. When you deal 300% damage with an endless clip using the strongest base weapons in the game, you need a weakness of some sort.
Random avatar
Hatty Hattington
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Mangu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 pm

I recommend having all "weak perks" to have HP distance vision like ARS. Not needed badly or anything, but it's nice to know how much damage you deal.
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Hatty Hattington » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Class: Street Brawler

Weapon suggestion: Alteration to the level 10 brawler punch.
-Alter the brawler's level 10 weapon to deal damage in a 360 degree radius around the player. This would be a fun, quirky way to reward players who decide to level this tough perk. It fits in perfectly with the lore of the perk, as street brawlers thrive on being in the midst of fights punching all of their adversaries square in the jaw (as the name implies). It wouldn't be particularly imbalanced, as it still retains it's mediocre range (i think? not sure what the range is on the level 10 punch anyway, might need some adjustment for this modification), and it's still a pretty dangerous yet enticing tactic to run into a group of zeds and just start goin crazy. Fire enemies and bloat acid would still dispatch you pretty quickly, but that just means that it's still not too overpowered.

-Maybe you could even add in the Guardian class's taunt (level 9 weapon) if you decide to do this. Taunt the zeds, then sucker punch them in a huge mosh pit :P
Random avatar
Hatty Hattington
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby daxos » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Perk: The Subwayer/ The Subway Man
I had a medic round where I tossed lots of heal nades and this idea came to me. Why not have a melee-cum-healer perk that tosses subway sandwiches instead of heal nades? the sandwiches are limited to only one per person so its not like a heal nade that explodes and everyone gets heals. The sandwiches also need to disappear 3 seconds after they touch the floor, corresponding to the widely believed 3 second rule for food that drops on the floor.

As the perk levels, they toss more elaborate sandwiches for more health gains and also gain better weapons. I have no idea of what weapons they will be using at the moment (maybe longer sandwiches or flying pizzas) but basically that would be it.

Perk: Rambo
Machine guns and crossbows appeal to a lot of players so I thought why not have both? One such person I can think of is Rambo himself. He can have a machete as a starter weapon and then onwards; more machine guns such as ak47, saw, as onwards. Higher levels, he should have the awesome explosive crossbow as a tribute to him shooting down a helicopter with that nade-tipped arrow. For level 10, you could give him dual welded XMVs (HOOOO YEAhhhhh). And due to his toughness in the movie, might as well give him a little resistance to everything. :wink: And that's it, Rambo class, everyone!!!!
Random avatar
daxos
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Mangu » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm

With Daxos I agree on the Rambo class, but the Subway Man requires adding content that is not present and the memory pool is almost full I think. Better yet, Guardian... how about a Turok/Rambo class? Badass weapons, exploding crossbows and some sort of techy weapons. Sounds fun and he could have melee resist and fire weakness, its basic knife would be substitued by Boker knife, etc. I think there are enough custom weapons to make a complete class inspired by those two.

Turok/Rambo class anybody??? :D

Also a Mercenary type of perk would be cool. Mercs have plenty or wide armory at their disposition. Assault Rifles, Shotguns, high caliber pistols, SMGs, rocket launchers, etc... A class that has everything, an all-around type of perk. Not too powerful. The Mercenary I picture deals good damage, not OMG AWESOME WOW like HST, but decent damage like the Stormtrooper, would have weapon dextrity with reloading speed increasing and big clip sizes, not HUGE but big like ARS. Could possibly have the advanced welder since Mercs are hired for special missions and such, wich would require weld points to lvl up as well. Could hold some sort of special nade like a plasma, but I think of something like the doom perk, regular looking nade with better damage. Damage fits a 40 - 50 mil perk. It wouldn't be similar to Brute Gunner, but could be a close brother to the Marine Perk, but without the excesive power it has.

Gun progression could be like this one

Lvl 0 M2K Pistol
Lvl 1 Dual M2K
Lvl 2 Weak SMG of your choice (MP5)
Lvl 3 Weak Assault Rifle (Ak-47 for the russian in all of us?)
Lvl 4 Strong SMG (Kriss/Schneidzek)
Lvl 5 Strong Assault Rifle (AUGBAR)
Lvl 6 HSG Shotgun
Lvl 7 Hopmines or M32 Clusterbombs
Lvl 8 AA12 Shotgun
Lvl 9 SAW, PKM or any kewl lookin' LMG
Lvl 10 Flash Launcher (or something that makes a big boom BUT not LRES boom big) OR XMV Minigun (an overpowered version of it of course XD, it's a lvl 10 reward)

Feel free to modify the perk as you feel it is more suitable!

Summary: medium to high damage, armor welder, big clips, and a very wide variety of weapons. Sounds fun.

Some perk icon options

I'm personally undecisive on these two, they're so damn cool, I even looked for other images but these 2 look great for perk icon. Either perk icon would be awesome... Oh gawd I'm getting excited here <3
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Hatty Hattington » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Perk: Cinder

Suggestion: Similar to the m32/LAW on toxin: the addition of a launcher to cinder. If possible, a really unique addition would be to add in a launcher (LAW/Flash maybe?) that shoots a dense concentration of cinder projectiles, like toxin has. It doesn't have to be explosive, just the regular cinder projectile...give it some high damage and good penetration, and it would be a fun weapon to shred some groups of zeds with :P Could replace a weapon with this, I know that cinder already gets a buttload of weapons.
Random avatar
Hatty Hattington
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Mangu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Hatty Hattington wrote:Perk: Cinder

Suggestion: Similar to the m32/LAW on toxin: the addition of a launcher to cinder. If possible, a really unique addition would be to add in a launcher (LAW/Flash maybe?) that shoots a dense concentration of cinder projectiles, like toxin has. It doesn't have to be explosive, just the regular cinder projectile...give it some high damage and good penetration, and it would be a fun weapon to shred some groups of zeds with :P Could replace a weapon with this, I know that cinder already gets a buttload of weapons.

I get why you would want that, but keeping a "uniqueness" sometimes makes some things better or more appealing (at least for me, after all I have hipster blood... can't deny it, you can tell just by looking at my main character used in Killing Floor XD).

Nonetheless, sounds like a fun suggestion.
Random avatar
Mangu
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 am

Just FYI, I am reading the suggestions :nod: and will work what I can in as I go along :p On the Cinder request... Not sure, not a no but, a slim maybe. I made that perk to use auto weapons. I may try to work something in around that suggestion. Thanks for the suggestions, nice to have if I run into a memory block, or just need some suggestions to go on :p

Thanks,
Guardian :ninja:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Postby Negor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:56 am

Hatty Hattington wrote:Perk suggestion: Terminator

Balance suggestions: Termy is pretty imbalanced at the moment in relation to the other perks, moreso now that the damage bonus has been fixed across all perks. It's got the second highest damage bonus of any bullet perk, bottomless clip sizes, and it's nigh unkillable to anything, even bloat acid, which it's supposed to be weak to. so i suggest the following:

1) Make termy a 60m perk.

It's needed this for a long time now. It easily outclasses both cinder and HST in damage output and survivability for a small disadvantage of -20% movespeed compared to them...its the most powerful perk on the server damage-wise (at all ranges, both close and far), it's the most survivable perk on the entire server thanks to it's armor and melee resist... it should be 60m.

2) Increase its weakness to bloat acid up to a scaling of 600% -> 500% (same as sonic blaze). Or more, if you prefer.

Much like how sonic blaze would be the most powerful melee perk on the server if it was more survivable towards bloats, termy needs an actual weakness. 250% bloat weakness that scales to 200% weakness at level 10 means nothing. their 90% better armor barely gets scratched by bloat acid...and if it does, it'll just be welded back up in a heartbeat. When you deal 300% damage with an endless clip using the strongest base weapons in the game, you need a weakness of some sort.

if it were up to me id strip terminator of all of its launchers, give it less bullet accuracy, and make it like the heavy from tf2 XD tanky but weak at far range and a mean machine gunner
Random avatar
Negor

PreviousNext

Return to Killing Floor