New Perk "The Sniper"

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

New Perk "The Sniper"

Postby Guardian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:55 pm

UPDATE: V104 SEE BELOW

The Sniper

Install:
I have broken the files down to the correct directories.
Perk Works with Marco's server perks

Copy files from each folder to the same folder in your killing floor directory.

Add to server perks
SniperPerkV104.SRVetSniperPerk

Add the following, to add the weapons
SniperWeapV104.SniperB94Pickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperHK417Pickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperHunting_RiflePickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperM14EBRPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperM99Pickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperSVDcPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperVSSDTPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperWinchesterPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperPTRDPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperCz75LaserPickup
SniperWeapV104.SniperG2ContenderDTPickup

Add the following to your killingfloor.ini file
ServerPackages=SniperWeapV104

IMPORTANT
Do not use any other weapon, other than the weapons made for the Sniper. Read in V102 update below.

The Sniper :) Yes, I know I know... There is already a SharpShooter.. But, that's not a true Sniper ;) With the Sniper Perk, you have 9 sniper rifles to take out zeds.. Here's the trick... The Sniper can only use the Sniper Perks weapons... Fun Times :D

As for perk attributies. The Sniper gets a small increase in speed per level, starting at lvl 0. The perk also gets an increase in weapon power, along with ammo and mag capacity increase, and reload speed. That's pretty much it. No extra resistance to anything nor any armor increase. The perk increases on damage done not head shots. Didn't want the perk to go along with the sharpshooter... What would be the point.. Oo
Have fun blowing the zeds away, at a distance if at all possible :p

Hope you enjoy it :D

Thanks,
Guardian

CREDITS:

I would also like to take this time to thank all the people that made the weapons I have placed in this perk. :)

1. The Hunting Rifile is from Braindead. Awesome work on this weapon, I have been using it for sometime now on my other servers :D

2. The B94, HK417, SVDc, and VSSDT came from Operation Y(Russian modders) Again, awesome work as always with the weapons you have created. :D

Again a HUGE THANKS to the makers of the weapons, with out those, the perk would not be possible. :D

Enjoy the perk :D Happy Sniping :D

SniperPerkandWeapV104

Changes:

Balancing and weapons fixes, cannot remember what was changed... Small changes, and hopefully fixed the issue with the HK417 not increasing the perk progress.

SniperPerkandWeapV103

Changes:

1. Added the Cz75 Laser to the Perk. Thanks goes to Maria for creating this weapon :D

2. Added the Thompson G2 Contender to the Perk. Thanks goes to Operation Y for creating this weapon :D

Enjoy :D

UPDATE: SniperPerkandWeapV102

UPDATE: V102 (MAJOR UPDATE)

1. Changed the movement increase per level down 1% per level

2. Seems the code that I used to keep the Sniper from buying weapons is here to stay... ;) Even after removing the code, it seems to be hard coded into the perk now... Which is very strange... Oo I have spent the last few hours trying all kinds of different ways, let it be on the code removing and adding, all the way to changing and removing stuff on my server this perk runs on... So... Looks like the Sniper can only use the perk made weapons.. even with the code gone.... very strange... But, at least it worked out the way I had planed it to. :D and other perks can still buy weapons, since the code is no longer in this perk... Seriously... it's a little crazy, but I'll go with it... :p

3. Removed pistol from the starting weapon.. that should help people from using other weapons. Players can still use medic heal, weld and the knife. Possibly other melee weapons, but I have not tried. :) However the Pistol will come back when the player goes to the trader and refills the Ammo. i have added a message to the front of the perk attribute again, so hopefully the will read all caps that says this

DO NOT USE PISTOL OR ANY OTHER WEAPON OTHER THAN PERK MADE WEAPONS, WILL LOCK YOUR WEAPON WINDOW

If that doesn't stop people from using other weapons.. then... Zeds will have them for a nice snack :D

UPDATE: SniperPerkandWeapV101

UPDATE: V101(Major Update)

Changes:

1. Removed the code that only allowed the Sniper Perk to buy only sniper weapons that was made for the perk. The code actually caused all the perks to follow the same rule... So, until I figure what needs to be changed or added to the code, i have removed it ;)

2. Added the PTRD to the weapons list :D Thank you ro_sauce for making this weapon :D Was able to test it a little, everything seems to work good on it.

Let me know if anyone runs into problems :)

DOWNLOAD BELOW

SniperPerkandWeapV101
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=36&ttitle=SniperPerkandWeapV101

SniperPerkandWeapV102
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=37&ttitle=SniperPerkandWeapV102

[COLOR=ffbf00]SniperPerkandWeapV103[/COLOR]
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=39&ttitle=SniperPerkandWeapV103

SniperPerkandWeapV104
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=40&ttitle=SniperPerkandWeapV104

Pics Below

Image'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Re: New Perk "The Sniper"

Postby Mellnik » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

the HK417 still wont affect perk progress
Random avatar
Mellnik
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am

Yeah, i took a break from working on it. It's on the fix list. Everything perk wise is setup correctly. It's how the damage type was set I the weapon. I may take another look at it this weekend, time permitting. :) but, I have thought about a part of the code for damage type in the weapon source, that might be causing it not to work. The modder of the hk seems to have set this one up a little different than the other sniper guns.. :\ I really like the hk, so i would love to get it fixed to increase perk points. But for now, it's just another weapon one can use.
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Krokenoster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 am

Please upload on another site every link i try to go to download it gives me this:

You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at guardiansmail(at)guardiansworlds(dot)com.

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.12
Remote Address: 197.87.39.18
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none

PLEASE: bear in mind that even if you have done nothing wrong, you may be getting this page due to someone's misuse of the site in your ip range

Please i want to download all your perks but he gives this on all of them
Random avatar
Krokenoster
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 am

I will upload it here to the forums as soon as i can :) I will try to have it on here along with the others i have not added to the forums yet as well. :) Hopefully i will have it on here by the weekend.
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Krokenoster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 am

Thank you i will be waiting
Random avatar
Krokenoster
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 am

Krokenoster wrote:Thank you i will be waiting

Added the Sniper perk for download here on the forums :) I will add the others when I can :) Known bugs in V104, HK does not increase perk and someone said the M99 didn't, which i was not aware of. But, the newer version I'm working on, the bugs have been fixed. Just an FYI. I'm working on a perk pack, that will have updated versions of all my perks. Along with new perks i have created. However, it's going to be a while probably before I finish the pack. I may release updated versions of the perks before I release the pack. :) Just depends on how much free time I can find :)
Guardian

Topic author

Return to Killing Floor