New Perk "The Guardian"

Killing Floor :D One of the sweetest Co-op games ever made in my opinion. ;)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

New Perk "The Guardian"

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 am

UPDATE: V115, READ BELOW

Hello :) First time making a mod for this game... It's been a learning experience to say the least :p But, worked on a new perk and modified the claymore sword :) Worked on it for about two days now, with the coding and testing, and coding and testing and searching... and etc. etc. yeah... I still have some hair left... LOL :p

The Guardian Perk is yes a melee perk, but in another way it is not. The Guardian is just what it sounds like. What the Guardian lacks in speed that the Berserker has, he makes up in defense and power. Along with using the mystical sword Excalibur, the perk is for a player that has no issues throwing him or herself in front of a swarm of zeds or a breach, giving his or her teammates time to reload and get the breach contained. The Guardian is not invincible, but in later levels will be able to take more damage than others. The perk will be hard starting out, due to the slow speed of the tremendous warrior, but in later levels the rewards will be worth it. :D

A readme file is attached in the zip, and I will copy and paste the same text below. :)

Copy files from each folder to the same directory.

Works with Marco's ServerPerks
add the following to ServerPerks.ini

Perks=GuardianPerkV115.SRVetGuardianPerk

To add weapon to custom trader
GuardianWeapV115.ExcaliburPickup
GuardianWeapV115.WarriorAxePickup
GuardianWeapV115.BastardSwordPickup
GuardianWeapV115.GuardianChainswordPickup
GuardianWeapV115.GuardianHammerPickup
GuardianWeapV115.GuardianlitesaberPickup

Add to KillingFloor.ini file
ServerPackages=GuardianWeapV115

The Excalibur uses the Claymore's skin and sounds, but I changed some of the values and cost. The Excalibur is for The Guardian perk, so damage done with it, will not go to the Beserker, same goes for other melee weapons damage, those will not go toward The Guardian Perk, only the Excalibur damage will.

The Guardian perk does have it's own perk icon. I created a red and gold icon.

Enjoy :D

The Guardian will be hard to play at first, but is rewarding with higher levels :)

All damage must be done via The Excalibur to level up.

Thanks,
Guardian

UPDATE

UPDATE: V115

Changes:
1. Added two weapons to the perk. Hammer(War Hammer) and the lightsaber :D Jedi's are future Knights ;)

2. Fixed the problem were the perk would not progress after the new Killing Floor update. Code for melee damage changed...

3. Added zed death knock back to Guardian Weapons :p

Credits for the weapons :D

For the Hammer, used Whisky Hammer :D Thank you Gartley for creating this weapon :D

For the LightSaber, thanks goes to ro_sauce :D Thank you for creating this weapon as well :D

UPDATE: V113

1. Changed armor levels to help balance perk more.
2.a Tweaked a few perk attributes for later lvls around 5 and later
2.b Fixed a few other sections of the perk code for levels past 8, to keep the game from probably going crazy from out of bound perk settings.

UPDATE: V112

Changes

1. Changed the armor rating from 100% better armor to 85% better armor at level 6 and later. At 100%, the armor is not harmed, making the perk, way unbalanced.

UPDATE:V111

Changes:

1.Perk attribute progress now goes to LvL 8.
2.Perk progress as for stars now goes to LvL 20.
3.Changed perk attributes to help balance perk and the two added lvls.

After lvl 8, there might be one or two attributes that continue. I would have to look at the code again to see which ones, but, I'll leave that to anyone who goes over lvl 8 to figure out :D

UPDATE:V110
UPDATE: V110

Changes:

1. Added the Chainsword to the Guardian perk :D
2. Modified the settings of the Chainsword for the perk.
3. Modified all the weapons a little to adjust with the new weapon.

Want to give a big thanks to Gartley for making this sweet weapon :D It's awesome :D

Also what to say thanks to Massacrer for suggesting and letting me know about this awesome weapon :D

UPDATE:V109

Changes:

1. Changed the speed of the Bastard Sword. After using it some in game, the sword was way to fast for the size of the sword. The sword should be slow and powerful and not quick like the katana.

2. Balanced all three weapons. Changed a few points on the, hit points and speed of each weapon. Also changed the price a little of the WarriorAxe and Bastard Sword.

Still cannot get the swinging sound to work on the Bastard Sword... All other sounds work, except the swing. I've used two different types of code for the sound, it compiles, but the sound is still not work. Will continue looking into that.

So this update is a balancing update, but I highly recommend the download, since this makes the Bastard Sword slower, in which it should be. :)

UPDATE:V108

UPDATE: V108

UPDATE:
1: Added Bastard Sword to the Guardian Perk :D
2: Adjusted some values in each weapon, slight changes, for the WarriorAxe and Excalibur, probably won't see the difference. Did this to help balance with the BastardSword. Changed values in the regular BastardSword. ;)

Only one problem with the Bastard Sword. It makes no swinging sound. All other sounds seem to work. I even went back and gave it the same sounds as the Excalibur, but the swing sound is not working. Other than that, I changed some values and made it to where you could hold down the fire button and swing the sword for the regular swing, just like other melee weapons(it was set to where you had to hit the fire button for each swing).

Want to give thanks to the Russian modders for creating this weapon :D
And also give thanks to Massacrer for letting me know about the weapon and finding the download link for me. :D

V107
Changes:

1. Removed black background from perk icon.
2. Fixed weapon skins, so that they show in first person, weapon pick up and also other players can now see the new weapon skins. Before, only the player carrying the weapon could see the textures. Now everyone can see the Excalibur and WarriorAxe textures :D

Want to thank those that helped me out with info and ideas when I got stuck on this. :)
YoYoBatty
Benjamin
ro_sauce

And big thanks to
Gartley
EpharGy

V104
Changes:
Made new skins for the Excalibur and WarriorAxe :D Did not change the handle on the sword, that is going to be another learning experience... Had to learn myself on skins and such... Still could never find a tutorial... : But, I think they turned out pretty good :D Their no master piece compared to what some could do, but, I think they look :p

Also, worked on some of the code on both the Perk and the Weapons, other than the skin changes. The update is highly recommended for both the textures and the code changes. :)

UPDATE:V103
Changes:
1.Added Warrior Axe(Regular Axe skin and sound, just modified a little).
2.Lowered resistance to Bloat Bile and also to fire damage a little.
3.Added discount for Warrior Axe and Crossbow
4.Start out with Warrior Axe
5.Modified the Excalibur settings a little while working on the Warrior Axe
6.Updated readme file for info on installing.
7.Crossbow is only discounted, it will not increase perk points for The Guardian, but, the damage points will go toward your sharpshooter :)

Also note: The Warrior Axe is like the Excalibur, damage points go only to the Guardian Perk not the Berserker, and the same way for the Berserker weapons for The Guardian. :)

Any problems let me know. I will test it here in a little. :) Finishing up on the other perk I was working on also :p Will test both perks and will add the other one if all goes well. :)

Well, tested the update, everything seems to work correctly, except on the server I ran it own, I didn't spawn with the WarriorAxe on Level 2, which I was suppose to spawn with it by level 1, but, it could be where I have other weapons already being added, just how I have the server setup. I will try it on a different server later, going to get some sleep. :) Should have the other perk going later today also. :)

DOWNLOAD BELOW

GuardianPerkandWeapV115
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=45&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV115

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV113
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=30&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV113

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV112
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=29&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV112

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV111
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=23&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV111

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV110
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=22&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV110

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV109
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=20&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV109

Download link below, GuardianPerkandWeapV108
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=18&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV108

GuardianPerkandWeapV107
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=17&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV107

GuardianPerkandWeapV104
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=14&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV104

GuardianPerkandWeapV103
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=12&ttitle=GuardianPerkandWeapV103

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to Killing Floor