Halo CE DS problems

Go here to ask any questions that you have making a Halo CE server or having problems with adding maps or any other problem you may have. Or if you just want to post some info or talk about Halo CE please post here. Also, go here for the MAP LIST for my HALO CE server.(This was the help and discussion area for Halo CE, that I started not long after the site was up). Moved to Game List area :)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Halo CE DS problems

Postby scarslilpyro » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:04 am

sv_name The_Best_Damn_Serva_Period
sv_public true
sv_maxplayers 10
sv_mapcycle_timeout 15
sv_status true
sv_mapcycle_add bang'em'high "TSC CTF"
sv_mapcycle_add ChaosGulch "TSC CTF"
sv_mapcycle_add Yoyorast_Island "TSC CTF"
sv_mapcycle_add bob_omb_battlefield "TSC CTF"
sv_mapcycle_add w4rtorn_cove "TSC CTF"
sv_friendly_fire 1
sv_tk_ban 1
sv_motd S.txt
sv_mapcycle_begin

is what i have in my init.txt file.
map wont show up in the list when i try to look for it.
any possible known placement requirements for each command?
any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, todd.
scarslilpyro
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:16 pm

Hello, from looking at it everything looks ok, except, the friendly fire I know you can set it in the game type that you select, like you have a custom TSC CTF then you should select the friendly fire there. But, it should be ok to keep in your INIT.txt file, I just have not seen that command in the init.txt file before. I would try taking it out and see what happens. As for placement, the main one is sv_mapcycle_begin, it has to be at the end. But, everything looks ok as for the setup. Only other thing would be to make sure init.txt is in the halo CE directory, which I'm sure it is, because I have talked to you before, and to check any software firewall you have running and/or if you have a router make sure it's set to allow the port for halo to be open. I would suggest, taking out the friendly fire command, and try it,(although, another question, does the sever screen load everything correct and look like it is running correct?, if so then it is more than likely a firewall issue.) and if it still does not show, then it's a firewall problem more than likely.

Another thing to check is, also make sure your custom game settings "TSC CTF" did save.

Also, I would suggest raising your sv_tk_ban up above 1. If someone throws a nade and kills some people on mistake, that would not be good to kick them for that, if you want to have a low sv_tk_ban setting, i would suggest maybe 2 or 3 and set sv_tk_grace 3 or sv_tk_grace 4 or up to 5 even. That would allow if someone throws a nade and kills several people in 3 to 5 seconds, they only get counted as one team kill toward the sv_tk_ban. :ninja:

Also your sv_motd needs to look like, sv_motd "s.txt" :wink:

Hope one of these helps,
Jeff :teeth:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Postby scarslilpyro » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:22 am

thanks, it is just a matter of shutting down the server properly, and valid commands that the DS will properly recognize.
scarslilpyro
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Topic author

Postby RvB-Tucker » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:47 am

whatd does sv_motd do?
RvB-Tucker
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:42 am

sv_motd stands for message of the day. It is another .txt file you can make to show a message of the day when players hit the I'm thinking it's F2 or F3 can not remember right off. Place the motd.txt file in the same directory as your init.txt file. All you do to make the motd.txt file is create a txt file and name it motd and add a message to it, then just add sv_motd "motd.txt" and that will get the message of the day working :) I forget how many letters are allowed, in the message of the day. Not a lot. I recommend you put what you like in the message of the day txt file, then go to your game as you have it running as a server, and look to see if the message has been cut off or if it is showing everything you wrote. I want to say it's like 150 or something characters, maybe 200 maybe more, it's been a while, and I cannot remember the exact amount. :P

Hope this helps,
Guardian
Guardian

Return to HALO CE