HOW TO ADD MAPS TO HALO CE SERVER OR TO THE GAME...

Go here to ask any questions that you have making a Halo CE server or having problems with adding maps or any other problem you may have. Or if you just want to post some info or talk about Halo CE please post here. Also, go here for the MAP LIST for my HALO CE server.(This was the help and discussion area for Halo CE, that I started not long after the site was up). Moved to Game List area :)

Moderator: Guardians Knights

HOW TO ADD MAPS TO HALO CE SERVER OR TO THE GAME...

Postby Guardian » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:33 pm

Before you read, also note that if you have any questions please put a post in the Halo CE area under Online Gaming in the message board area. I still will take PM's but, this way when I help you with your problem, others can see it and they may learn what they need to do also to correct a problem they are having. Thanks.

How to add custom maps to your Halo CE server or game…
1. You will need to know where you Halo Custom Edition game is located. I’m about certain that standard install will put it in c:/program files/Microsoft games/halo custom edition/maps you will want to put the map files in your maps directory of your halo CE directory.
2. Ok, go to halomaps.org or I have the maps that I have downloaded on my FTP server, go to the info about the servers for more info about my FTP server.
3. Ok, now after you download the map that you want. You will need to unpack the file with winzip or another program.
4. After you unpack the file, just take the .map file and copy it to your maps directory of your halo custom edition directory, that is it. It’s simple, now if you want to add the new map to you server, you will have to go in you init file and add it.
5. Hope this helps, if you need any more help, just let me know.

Thanks,
Guardian :mrgreen:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

hmm

Postby scarslilpyro » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:08 am

mko k
scarslilpyro
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby xtrasharp » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:21 pm

JUST DONT ADD TOO MANY MAPS OR YOU WILL HAVE TOO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR IT TOO START (like i do)OR HAVE MAP MANEGER 2
xtrasharp
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Return to HALO CE