FTP Server Information

I have decided to put all the important info about any servers(more than likely gaming) that are being ran, in this forum area. That way it will be easier to look up any info that is needed.

Moderator: Guardians Knights

FTP Server Information

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:18 pm

Hello, I have been checking out the log file for the FTP Server, and have noticed a lot of people tring to search for all kinda of different directorys. There is only one directory that is allowed for access and that is "ftproot". I figured I'd post this just in case anyone is using a ftp client that is not showing the "ftproot" directory. Inside the "ftproot" directory are several sub-directories. All in which you can download from.

That brings up another issue. I have also noticed in the log file for the FTP Server that some people have been tring to make directory's. I have the server set to only allow downloads. So no directorys can be made nor can any files be uploaded. Also, the log file does show the date, time, IP, and other connection info along with anything you try to access or do. Just letting everyone know this. :-)

The files on the server are files that I have downloaded for games and hardware updates. Like updates/patches, mods, soon I will have several versions of PHP-Nuke on there for download. The best thing to do is just to check out what I have on the FTP Server from time to time. I add files to it as I download them. Also, if you have any problems out of the FTP Server or with any of my gaming servers, with the website or any other part of guardiansworlds.com please send me an email to [email protected] or become a registered user and post in the forum area or if you see me in the Chat area on the site you can ask me there(you have to be a registered user to join the chat area).

Thanks,
Guardian :mrgreen:

QUICK NOTE--->To connect to my FTP with Internet Explorer copy or type this in to the address field ftp:// then add 216.184.73.61/ftproot/ Just put the ftp:// and the ip and directory name together. I would put it together here, but the last thing I want is bots connecting to my FTP server. Have any questions just PM me.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Return to Info About Guardians Worlds Servers