WTF IS WITH MY PC

Need help with hardware, software, etc etc, or have some good info you would like to share. Post here.

Moderator: Guardians Knights

WTF IS WITH MY PC

Postby MGS4Snake » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:39 pm

ok latlely my pc lagg like a sun of a bicth! like in AA and BF2 and evan halo on low my grpahics card can handle all threee games people sya its my ram but i cna not figure out what type of speed i have casue its Genric brand
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:39 pm

y dident my sig show up?
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:30 pm

How much RAM do you have? Also, do you run Adware and Spyware program detectors? Like adwarez, spybot and Microsoft Anti Spyware detector. Did your computer run the games fine before, or have the games been laggy ever since you have been playing them? Let me know those questions if you can. Also, do you run virus programs like McAfee or Norton?

As for you sig. you have to click the box below after you type your post to have your sig show up. You can go back and edit your other post to have the sig show up in it, like I did for you just now. :)
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Postby MGS4Snake » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm

yea i tunes and programs like thats probly fed my pc and how do i tell how much ram i gots?
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby snipe001 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:53 am

omg i like to post! :D
I told you I would post this guy every time :smoke:
snipe001
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:16 am

If your running XP, you can see how much RAM you have by pressing CTRL ALT DEL keys together, this will bring up the windows task bar, go to Performance and this will show you a graph of how much your Processor is currently under load and howm much memory is being used, now to see your total RAM, look at the block that says Physical Memory, the top, total is the total amount, the available is of coarse how much RAM you have left. Now you will also see a bar graph that shows memory being used, it's called the PF Usage, this will be your RAM and also your VM(Virtual Memory) being used. If you have enough RAM your computer should use all your RAM before it startes using much if any VM. Also you can click on the Processes tab, to see what programs are using what amount of memory and how much processor % they are using currently, you can end the programs, but make sure you know what they are, because if you end the wrong ones, you will lock your computer, and have to restart. Hope this helps. I say you may want to run some adware detection software, I'm sure you have some adware on your computer.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help. :ninja:
Guardian

Postby MGS4Snake » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:08 am

8O well first off snipe shut the hell up second off i have adware and spy ware detectors they anoyy the piss out of me while i am in a game
3rd offi think i only have like 112 cause my task bar says nothing like that

and still need o figure out what speed is my memory so i can buvy more and some other stuff liek a another prosser and a 6800 fx GeForce
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:35 am

omfg now my stupied sig is fucking with me omfg can u fix thats guarduen wtf i dident tuch the sig i only tuched the avatar
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:30 pm

So you only have 112MB of RAM left? That'z pretty low. Is that while you are playing games or before you start playing them?
Guardian

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:34 am

i ahve no iea it jsut keeps saying after i gets out of bff2 and higher end games virurel memor low making some or what not but yeai am jsut gonna have to figure out what speed i have and get alot plus palying Bf2 on a ggeforce 5500 probly aint the bdest of the ideas i have my uncle said it would work i jsut need a boat load of ram
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:36 am

omfg i think my speed for my ram is a 3200 i tihnk thats realy bad
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:37 am

MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:42 am

MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:46 am

MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:41 pm

Hey, 3200 is not slow for RAM. That is what I have. Yes there is faster RAM out now, but trust me, your not going to see much difference with the different RAM speeds. The real difference when it comes to speed is mainly your BUS speed of you mother board, and your processor speed. The BUS speed is the main factor though. Lets just call it a pipeline, and if that pipeline is not big enough, then the data is pushed through as much as it can be pushed through, and when it feels this pipeline, the data is then backed up, and no matter how fast your processor is, if you can't fit the data through the pipeline, well, I think you get where I'm getting at. That'z why I love AMD 64's they have a huge pipeline(BUS) compared to Intel.

Now, you probably do need more RAM, because it shoulds like your computer is using all your RAM and is using VM(Virtual Memory) which is not good, meaning your computer is now using your hard drive for as it's called VM. So, your hard drive is no where near as fast as RAM, so yeap, your going to see some sluggness there. Now, as for graphics cards. Yeah, getting a better graphic card will help, that'z for certain. One thing you may want to try, is turn you music off on your games, this will free up RAM and processes on your processor. :wink:

I hope this info helps. :)

Thanks,
Guardian :ninja:
Guardian

Next

Return to Computer Tech