Here's the email I wrote to my ISP about my connection issue

Need help with hardware, software, etc etc, or have some good info you would like to share. Post here.

Moderator: Guardians Knights

What do you think of the email I sent?

Great email, if they read it, very straight forward
100%
Could be better, but it got the point across
No votes
You sent that :-(
No votes

Total votes : 3, total voters : 3

Here's the email I wrote to my ISP about my connection issue

Postby Guardian » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:44 pm

I don't know what is going on with the high speed connection. But, for the last couple of weeks or I should say months, my internet connection has not been worth much. I cannot even host a game server nor can I even play real time games because the ping is so high. The service use to be pretty good, and great not long after we first had the service. It seems to have went down hill ever since, although there has been some times that it has made a climb back up the hill and wasn't to bad at all, but yet it goes right back down the hill.

I know you say on your website that you are upgrading, but that was posted back in December. I'm just wondering what has gone wrong. I can understand the internet connection not being the best when you are updating, but I would figure that after the update it would be faster and better service. If you would, please let me know what's going on.

I'm just really getting tired of on my days off or when I come home from work or pretty much anytime, and the internet connection is just slow. It's not frame rates, I saw that post, I built my computer, it's fully custom with high brand internals. Abit mother board, AMD64, a Geforce 6800GT graphics card etc etc. There is not a game I have played yet, that even test the machine. Jerky game play can be because of frame rates, but that's if you don't have a computer that can handle the game or the settings you have on the game. The problem is the connection. My ping is high if I join a game or if I host, the ping is high for the people that connect to my game. Now if it was just one or two people, then I could say it's their connection, but, this is with anyone that joins my game, and it's with any game I try to join. Also, browsing becomes slow, even down to a crawl sometimes. I’m not saying it’s all the time, but, here lately it’s been pretty close to all the time.

I'm sure I have left some stuff out, but really all I would like to know, is what is going on. I just don't understand why the connection was so fast when I first got your service and as the months have went by, it has really started to slow down, even though cableplus.tv have been updating their systems. I'm not pointing this at any one person, I'm sending this to cableplus.tv. If you all feel that it's not your systems, then please let me know where you connect to. I think once I remember someone telling me BVU? If that is so, please let me know so I can contact them and ask them what is going on.

I have come to the point that I am really getting tired of paying for a service that I really am not getting. It's simple as that. Maybe it's where I have used other high speed providers and have had no issues with them. Just be glad cableplus.tv has no competition here where I live. Because if you did, I would have been gone a long time ago, and yes I have contacted other companies by phone or by email, requesting for other high speed providers to please come into this area. All I am saying is, if you had some competition around this area, I think you would be more concerned about your subscribers connections. I'm not the only one that feels this way. You may or may not get other emails from other users. But, trust me, I have heard from others also, how they feel about cableplus.tv high speed connection.

I hope you don't take this email as a hate mail, I'm sending this as an email to let you know that I'm a customer and I would like to know what is going on. Im glad you offer the service, however, when you have paying customers that use your service and it's not a free service, and the service they use is of poor quality, then yes, I would think you should know about it.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Postby snipe001 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:04 pm

DAMN MAN 8O you're never gonna get through to them like that! they'll read the first line and say screw it its too long!
of course i havent even read it yet. :lol: :wasted:
I told you I would post this guy every time :smoke:
snipe001
Skilled Warrior (Seeking Knight Skills)

Postby snipe001 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 pm

omg i just relized you would be better off with dial up! 8O :wallbash:

yes! now im a warrior in training!
Last edited by snipe001 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I told you I would post this guy every time :smoke:
snipe001

Postby Guardian » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:13 pm

snipe001 wrote:omg i just relized you would be better off with dial up! 8O

yes! now im a warrior in training!

Yeah, there are times when I test my connection, I'm only 4X the speed of dial up, pretty sad if you ask me.

LOL, congrads on the jump, no longer a peasant you are... YESSS... ^^
Guardian

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 am

they aont gonna reply to it and if they do they probbly send uncle tony down their with cousin vinny and his friend his friend will hold you then uncle will punch you in the face then cousin will hit you in the foot or the shin with a rail road sledge hammer so be carefull ok !
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:47 pm

I thnk it worked, because my internet connection has been running a heck of a lot better since that email :) Or maybe they just finished the update they where talking about around that time. :mrgreen: Don't get me wrong, it still could be better, but compared to the way it was before, I'll take it for now. :wink:
Guardian

Topic author

Postby MGS4Snake » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:48 am

maybeee snipe runs youre isp lmao 3 day alter they plant cacths on fire snipe is chaced out with oicth forks and torchs
MGS4Snake
Warrior In Training
Warrior In Training

Return to Computer Tech