Getting my Stage 2 Spec Clutch installed. :D

Questions or tips about your cars drivetrain.

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Getting my Stage 2 Spec Clutch installed. :D

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah, dropped my Camaro off early this morning to have the stage 2 Spec Clutch installed, they just called, saying they should have everything done early tomorrow morning. :D Can't wait until the drag strip opens. :mrgreen: I usually do my own work, but, I don't touch the driveline. :paranoid: Maybe if I had a rack to work on. Then I might. Welp, I can't wait to get her back. Next upgrades are electric water pump and yet another high flow cat(catalytic converter). This time, I'm going to get a high flow cat that is made by a company that makes racing products, and it clearly stats that the cat is made to withstand high heat, which is what I need since I burn up the packing inside the catalytic converters, I have averaged one high flow cat a year :( Going to spend a little more money on this high flow cat, but it will be worth it. :mrgreen:
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Well, just called them about an hour ago. They will have my Camaro done in a few hours. They had to put a new slave cylinder in it. I was hoping the old one would due, but, from the post and info I have read on a clutch install for the Camaro, it's best to go ahead and get a new one. Especially since GM updated the slave cylinder since there was issues out of the ones below either 2001 or 2002. Cannot remember. But, I can't wait to get her back home. :mrgreen:
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Well, it's been about a week since the install. I have driven her about 3 times. Putting around 200 or so miles on her. I can already tell the clutch is getting more aggressive. When I first drove her with the new clutch it was close to the same as the stock one. However I could feel the clutch catch better. Now, it's like a totally different clutch. I'm glad I didn't go with the stage 3, I would probably have problems driving it in city/town driving. :D All and all, I'm very happy with the Stage 2 clutch. :D
Guardian

Topic author

Re: Getting my Stage 2 Spec Clutch installed. :D

Postby TPIMonteSS » Sun May 21, 2006 10:18 am

Guardian wrote: I burn up the packing inside the catalytic converters,

Not trying to be smart...But do you burn up the insides or are your clogging them up??

Dont let the exhaust shop keep your old one.
87 Monte Carlo SS T-Top 5 speed TPIImage Southeastern Monte Carlo Club
Random avatar
TPIMonteSS
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Sun May 21, 2006 4:30 pm

Nope, I'm burning them up. They look good inside. Other than the packing around them has been ate away... :tear: The one I have now seems to be holding up, I guess we'll see if it last or not. It's suppost to be made for high heat and for racing use. ^^ I hope it last, because I'm really getting sick of buying a new one every year... :wallbash: Why should I not let the exhaust shop keep my old one??
Guardian

Topic author

Postby TPIMonteSS » Wed May 24, 2006 2:18 pm

The exhaust shops sell them for upwards of $25-50 bucks a peice. Thats money not going back into your pocket.
87 Monte Carlo SS T-Top 5 speed TPIImage Southeastern Monte Carlo Club
Random avatar
TPIMonteSS
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Thu May 25, 2006 4:08 am

I should hope someone would not buy a rattling cat.. :p But then again, their are people out there that probably would... :idiot2:
Guardian

Topic author

Return to Drivetrain