Walbro 255 fuel pump install pics

Advance questions and tips about cars.

Moderator: Guardians Knights

Walbro 255 fuel pump install pics

Postby Guardian » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Installed on 2000 V6 Camaro
Walbro part number on summit racing-->Granatelli Motor Sports GM722-2 - Granatelli Motor Sports F-Body In-Tank Fuel Pumps

Well, me and dad, installed the new Walbro 255 fuel pump. Everything went ok. However as you will see in the pics below, one part of the casing did not fit onto the new pump. Still searching to see what the little black hose does, however, the new fuel pump does not have any vent area on the bottom or top like the old fuel pump did. The Walbro 255 does have a hole in the same place where the black hose hooks in to the old pump, but has not attachment that will allow the hose to hook there. Again, still searching for what that black hose does, or if anyone knows what the purpose of the black hose is, please let me know. I started the Camaro and it idles fine, plus drove it around the yard and up the drive way, everything seems A ok. Going to install the 36lb injectors tomorrow :) Here are the pics of the fuel pump install, sorry I didn't get to take more, but after getting gas all over me an then finding the Walbro 255 had no place to hook the black hose, plus it was a pain to fit it into the stock casing, I kinda forgot to take more pics, was just glad to get everything hooked back up...

A little tip, when installing the new Walbro 255 in the stock casing, first install it fully in the rubber boot, then take some fuel system cleaner and wipe and wet the inside of the plastic casing, then the rubber boot, with the Walbro 255 will work, it will be a tight fit, but it will pop into place. The Walbro 255, is a little larger than the stock fuel pump.

Before the install

Before the install

Drilled plus small cut

Drilled plus small cut

Finished cutting

Finished cutting

Cutting tools used

Fuel lines unhooked

Fuel lines unhooked

Walbro 255 top, stock pump bottom

Walbro 255 left, stock right, notice if the pic allows, the small hook-up on the stock pump on the right of the pump, the walbro 255 does not have this, to allow the small black hose to fit.

Walbro 255 left, stock right, notice if the pic allows, the small hook-up on the stock pump on the right of the pump, the walbro 255 does not have this, to allow the small black hose to fit.

Casing with the black hose hooked up to the stock fuel pump, this is the hose that would not hook into the walbro 255, since it had no adapter for the hose to hook into.

Pic of casing, and where the black hose runs to.
Guardian
Supreme Knight(Site Admin)

Topic author

Re: Walbro 255 fuel pump install pics

Postby seanwyatt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:47 pm

I SEE A HAIRY LEG!!! HAHA wow I don't know how I noticed that... Looks good, hope it all works well and doesn't blow up on you because of a little black hose haha.
Random avatar
seanwyatt
Peasant(newbie)
Peasant(newbie)

Postby Guardian » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:56 pm

ROFL... ^^ Nice pointing out my leg... LOL.... Yeah, still searching or hoping to get some help from over at http://www.camarov6.com :D
Guardian

Topic author

Postby Guardian » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Found out the little black hose is used on the stock pump, to help the fuel pump canister stay full with fuel, around curves if fuel is getting low and if well, the fuel is getting low in the tank. This is in 99-02 Camaros since the fuel tank is plastic and has no baffles like the pre 09-02 Camaros, which had metal tanks and baffles inside the tank.
Guardian

Topic author

Return to Advance Tech